Author Topic: I love the color red.  (Read 643 times)  

Offline ChocScorp

• View Profile
I love the color red.
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:44:29 pm »
Hi all,

If you are in need of a highly skilled editor for your novel, email me at [email protected] I have edited several hundred novels, many of which have been published (or found a literary agent). If you'd like I can provide a free short sample edit, to give you a better idea of what I can do for your work.

Thanks again,
Peter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    Re: I love the color red.
    « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:42:18 pm »
    Peter,

Welcome to Kboards!

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Caf, but we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar:  you may have one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time.  New threads about the service wil be removed.  Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to.  And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days.  If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks!

Betsy
    KBoards Moderator

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline ChocScorp

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:48:20 pm »
    Great! I will certainly play by the rules. Thanks again!!

Peter

Offline ChocScorp

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 04:44:02 pm »
    Hi Mark,

For low level edits (grammar, syntax, punctuation and spelling) I charge around 1.2 cents per word. If you require larger revisions, rewrites, and the such, I bring it up to 2 cents. Regardless, I like to provide a thorough critique, so you stick around with me after our services are complete! My goal is to impress you, so we can build a partnership rather than a one-time deal.

How does that sound to you?
    Peter

Offline Rin

• Oz
      • View Profile
      • Ash and Blue
    « Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:10:42 pm »
    Am I being incredibly dense, or is the subject of this thread just random click-bait?

What does liking the colour red have to do with editing?

Offline 68564

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:15:50 pm »
    Am I being incredibly dense, or is the subject of this thread just random click-bait?

What does liking the colour red have to do with editing?

Red pens...

Offline ChocScorp

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 06:51:17 pm »
    Ouch. Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I'm new to KBoards and still learning the etiquette. Don't want to sound like an advertisement!

Yes, the color red is synonymous with editing. I was trying to say that I like what I do: I love to read, and I love to tear apart bad writing. I love sinking my teeth into bad prose, drawing blood, inducing so many red marks and tracked changes that the text looks like something out of a slasher flick. I have red mark lust--it's a lot like bloodlust,  just with less phlegm.

Hence, "I like the color red."

Offline Silly Writer

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 09:47:50 pm »
    Ouch. Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I'm new to KBoards and still learning the etiquette. Don't want to sound like an advertisement!

Yes, the color red is synonymous with editing. I was trying to say that I like what I do: I love to read, and I love to tear apart bad writing. I love sinking my teeth into bad prose, drawing blood, inducing so many red marks and tracked changes that the text looks like something out of a slasher flick. I have red mark lust--it's a lot like bloodlust,  just with less phlegm.

Hence, "I like the color red."

I like your sense of humor. However, this post will scare away your business.  :o

Offline ChocScorp

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 07:12:05 am »
    Boo!  :o (Ghost boo, not angry fan boo)

I'm actually extremely cordial with my authors. But I'm going to be truthful. I'm going to take my time. I'm going to perform the best editing job for each author. I promise not to squeeze you into a timetable. 

I provide thorough editing services. Not quick and dirty. Paradoxically, I don't have time for those who want "quick" edits. This cheapens an editor's job, and it cheapens the manuscript.

This is a great point to ask: what do authors look for in editors? Words that spring to my mind: honest, sincere, thorough, personal, communicative, dedicated, and professional (keeping to the shadows, not trying to interject personality into edits). At least that's what I've tried to be over the years. "Quick" and "disingenuous" I tend to stay away from.

I'd love to provide a sample edit if anyone is interested! All I'd ask in return is an honest review of my edits (whether good or bad) on kboards! :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement