Author Topic: Bryan F. Rosado Art - Book cover art and illustration  (Read 483 times)  

Offline BryanFRosado

• View Profile
    • Bryan F. Rosado Art
Bryan F. Rosado Art - Book cover art and illustration
« on: January 18, 2018, 12:12:20 PM »
Hello!

My name is Bryan F. Rosado and I'm a professional artist specialized in book covers, illustration and concept art (mainly fantasy and sci-fi art), and I'm here to offer my services!
All my work is digital.

My rates:
Cover art for only US$399!
Additional US$199 for wraparound cover art

My portfolio:
https://www.bryanfrosadoart.com

Process images and WIPs:
https://www.artstation.com/bryanfrosadoart

Sample arts (with sample typography, as I don't do cover design, only illustration):

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, send me a PM or email to:
contact@bryanfrosadoart.com
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:47:17 PM by BryanFRosado »
Bryan F. Rosado - Cover artist and illustrator

Portfolio
Facebook
Instagram

Offline mike h

• View Profile
    • Herman_Santangelo
Re: Bryan F. Rosado Art - Book cover art and illustration
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 05:29:28 PM »
Bryan, nice work in the genre.
I went to your website but found it lacked the cover examples you posted to the board. You might want to post them on your website as well and follow other cover artists example where they mock up the cover with "artists name" as part of the sample.
Just a suggestion.

Offline BryanFRosado

• View Profile
    • Bryan F. Rosado Art
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 04:51:42 AM »
Bryan, nice work in the genre.
I went to your website but found it lacked the cover examples you posted to the board. You might want to post them on your website as well and follow other cover artists example where they mock up the cover with "artists name" as part of the sample.
Just a suggestion.

Thank you Mike for the feedback!  :)

Portfolio
Facebook
Instagram

Offline KevinH

• View Profile
    • The Hardman Writing Stylus
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 04:54:56 AM »
The Venger cover is a nice throwback. Not many people remember the old D&D cartoon.

Offline BryanFRosado

• View Profile
    • Bryan F. Rosado Art
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 05:49:33 AM »
The Venger cover is a nice throwback. Not many people remember the old D&D cartoon.

It was a good show. :)

Portfolio
Facebook
Instagram

Offline mike h

• View Profile
    • Herman_Santangelo
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:20:09 AM »
Bryan, it looks like your website is in its infant stages. You might want to include some pics of how you make your images. It can be invaluable for someone who is interested in a custom cover if they see how you get from point a to point z. It shows your flexibility. If you cruise the cg forum http://www.cgsociety.org/gallery you'll see examples of how artists show their stuff and the progressions of how they got to the final image. If you are using 3d models as a start, it means that a buyer can have input into a pose or angle and can select from multiple starting points. It shows your versatility. Also if you have a gallery of 3d models a client can choose to start from, it helps.
Or maybe you just work from stills or pure imagination, it always helps to show the source.
I'm guessing you have seen the speed painting videos that show projects from a blank canvas to the end result. They can be a fascinating insight into the artist.
A lot of book cover artists are simply manipulating images picked up from royalty free sites. If your stuff is purely hand done, you might want to emphasize that.
Just more suggestions.

Offline BryanFRosado

• View Profile
    • Bryan F. Rosado Art
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 05:40:18 PM »
Bryan, it looks like your website is in its infant stages. You might want to include some pics of how you make your images. It can be invaluable for someone who is interested in a custom cover if they see how you get from point a to point z. It shows your flexibility. If you cruise the cg forum http://www.cgsociety.org/gallery you'll see examples of how artists show their stuff and the progressions of how they got to the final image. If you are using 3d models as a start, it means that a buyer can have input into a pose or angle and can select from multiple starting points. It shows your versatility. Also if you have a gallery of 3d models a client can choose to start from, it helps.
Or maybe you just work from stills or pure imagination, it always helps to show the source.
I'm guessing you have seen the speed painting videos that show projects from a blank canvas to the end result. They can be a fascinating insight into the artist.
A lot of book cover artists are simply manipulating images picked up from royalty free sites. If your stuff is purely hand done, you might want to emphasize that.
Just more suggestions.

Thank you Mike.

To clarify some points, I just finished my website and the intention was to use it as a illustration only portfolio, thus the lack of wips and process. I've made few changes since then. Following the advices from fellow artists and art directors I choosen to keep it as clean and direct as possible, since ADs only care to the final result.

I've found out kboards after finishing my site.

I keep process images and wips at my Artstation profile, but since I don't use it as my main site, i didn't post it here....
https://www.artstation.com/bryanfrosadoart

I'll update my info here as soon as possible.

Thank you again! :)

Portfolio
Facebook
Instagram

Offline Becca Mills

• California
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 05:45:39 PM »
Greetings, Bryan! You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: http://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post. You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion. Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
Becca
KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)