Author Topic: Transferring Collections to a new Kindle  (Read 1695 times)  

Offline Patrizia

• Charlotte, NC
    • View Profile
Transferring Collections to a new Kindle
« on: July 20, 2010, 03:46:58 pm »
I wanted to share with you what I figured out today.. Even the Customer Service rep at Amazon was not aware of this so I figured if I could save any of you time I needed to post this.

I had to copy my collections to another Kindle today.. both Kindles must still be registered (and this can work to transfer from any kindle to another as long as its the same account.)

Go to your archives first on the new Kindle. You then choose all the books you want moved over.. you have to do those individually. Once you do that.. go back to the archives and at the top it will say ADD OTHER DEVICE COLLECTIONS. click on that, it will show other devices on your account that have collections (if you share an account their name will show up as well)

toggle down to the one you want and press the joystick down.. the entire collection of titles shows up on the screen and the archived books will be placed in them.

IF for some reason you want to add stuff later you can still do this.. just download the books from the archive again.. go back to archives and press the other device key (its at the top) and use the same process.. so all the books will be in the collection as you had them, no doing it again or saving your collection titles

Make sure WHISPERNET IS ON while doing this and it goes without saying that both Kindles have to have the 2.5 update

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:48:29 pm by Patrizia »
We never see things as they are... We see them as we are... Anais Nin

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline BruceS

• Albany, NY
      • View Profile
    Re: Transferring Collections to a new Kindle
    « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 04:52:42 pm »
    Make sure you do it just as Patrizia says.

If you download your books to your PC/Mac and then transfer them to your kindle, you will need to add each one to whatever collection(s) it should be in.

Offline LibbyD

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 05:35:57 pm »
    I assume that will work only if the metadata has not been edited.  Is that correct?

Offline luvmy4brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
    • Eastern Shore, MD
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 05:42:55 pm »
    It works even if you've edited the metadata.
    « Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:45:00 pm by luvmy4brats »

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
    • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 05:49:31 am »
    I posted something similar in another thread yesterday, but it's good to have this in a separate thread.

The key is to transfer the books *before* you transfer the collections.
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

KBoards.com

• Advertisement