Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually... a "screensaver" is #1, but my kitten care book is listed #2 in Cat Care & Health. YAY! This is the first Kindle-ization experiment of my backlist and came out April 2010, and has been my best seller. Interestingly, although it debuted at 99-cents, it didn't really start selling until I raised the price to $2.99 and then TOOK OFF when I tried it at $5.99. Last month I tried a "sale" and dropped it back to $2.99....(priced the "cutting edge" book at that, too as a debut) and sales stopped dead. So now all of my nonfiction is priced at the $5.99 and all are selling steadily.

It's interesting, too, that my "natural healing" book the publisher brought back (without my knowledge!) is priced at $9.59, and ranks #11 in Cat Care & Health, and #65 in Dog Care & Health. Sure wish they'd let me know why my royalties don't reflect that...

Have anyone else's sales increased with a price INCREASE?

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mel,

Yes, I do think it depends on genre. Nonfiction seems to do okay at the higher price. When I launch my debut novel, though, I'll stick to the 99-cents out of the gate and see what wags the tail of the book best. Oh, it builds on the nonfiction audience (I hope!) so I'm watching all the threads for what's worked best for everyone. This is a great community to share experiences.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Amyshojai said:
Actually... a "screensaver" is #1, but my kitten care book is listed #2 in Cat Care & Health. YAY! This is the first Kindle-ization experiment of my backlist and came out April 2010, and has been my best seller. Interestingly, although it debuted at 99-cents, it didn't really start selling until I raised the price to $2.99 and then TOOK OFF when I tried it at $5.99. Last month I tried a "sale" and dropped it back to $2.99....(priced the "cutting edge" book at that, too as a debut) and sales stopped dead. So now all of my nonfiction is priced at the $5.99 and all are selling steadily.

Have anyone else's sales increased with a price INCREASE?
Congratulations! I wish I had a kitten (have to whisper this so my cats don't hear), and when I do, I will want your book.

I agree with others that nonfiction can bear a higher price. Given that your book contains several hundred pages of information, it's a bargain.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CM & Jeanne, I'm wanting a kitten, too (whispering)...My 14-year-old kitty still acts very kittenish, though. But I think the Magical-Dawg would enjoy a brash baby willing to perhaps become friends. The old cat isn't having any of it. *s*

Yes, the nonfiction seems able to bear a higher$$. Also, these were all previously published books, too, with good reviews and that helps.

Thanks for the well wishes and congrats. Doesn't happen very often so I'm thrilled.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I'm working on a website at the moment and I would love to promote your books if it is OK with you.  It is a psychic themed site though and if you would rather not be promoted there, I would understand and not take it personally.  :) 

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeanne, thanks so much for the offer! Love to have you promote the books. Heck, cats and dogs are psychic (or sometimes psychotic, LOL!) so that's not a problem at all. I've a fiction WIP that includes animals and has somewhat of a psychic thread running through it, too. I appreciate you asking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts