Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an award-winning paranormal/urban fantasy and historical romance writer who writes for adults and teens. Heart of the Wolf made Publishers Weekly's Best Book of the Year, 1 of 5 mass marketed books selected!

I'm a certifiable eclectic writer though, writing everything from non-fiction for magazines, and contemporary romance, romantic suspense and even futuristic romance.

Annie Rayburn directed me over here for great links to book covers and kindle ads, but I'm looking for web banner designers next!

Not only am I an eclectic writer, I'm an eclectic reader...so when I'm not working on deadlines, or working the day job, or on a blog tour, I'm reading!

And yes, since I began self-publishing some of my works in March, I've sold 10,000 books and counting! But I'm also traditionally published!

Off to check out more of the forum!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Terry! Welcome to the Kindleboards. I'll definitely have to check out your work. I love YA and fantasy. If you want help with banner design just let me know, you can click on my covers below to go to my portfolio site.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB and the best of luck with all your projects.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Terry, nice to see you on kindleboards!  Congrats on the sales, that's awesome!  I admit to being an eclectic writer too... non-fiction, mainstream historical fiction, middle-grade mystery, historical romance, erotic romance...  I like to keep my hands in the all the pots and its so much fun!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

DD Graphix, thanks! I didn't see anything on your site that showed banner designs, but great website!

Thanks, ElizaKnight! I find writing long, short, fantasy, nonfiction, you name it, allows me to spread my wings, enjoy a change of venue, then get back to works like the werewolf series that are 10 in number, with 3 more contracted to write. But by writing something different, I can make sure that each of the werewolf books are not the same old thing. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome to Kindle boards, Terry.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Hi, Terry, and welcome to KB.  Impressive portfolio.  Congrats and wishing you the best of luck.

Linda

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, Kelvecion and Cara, it looks like the wolves are gathering! :)

Linda, thanks!! And to you also!

Thanks, Libby! I was shocked to have done that with the self-published works already! I was thinking I'd sell a few, hoping for a lot. :)

Hi, Annie! Thanks for steering me here. I had a time trying to figure out the signature books thing, but that was because I hadn't posted yet! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Terry, from another Kindle Boards newbie...and kudos to you on your success with self-publishing. 10K books is impressive. Keep it up!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to KB and the world of indie writing!

I do believe it's a far easier path for someone to sell when they are traditionally published first because you already have a fan base. Did you do any specific marketing for your indies or did you just slap 'em up and hoped people would find them? I'm curious as I deal with both types of writers...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts