Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of writing and publishing short stories, I've put together 10 for this collection featuring 7 previously published tales, 3 new stories, and an introduction by fantasy master David B. Coe. From the tiny life of a fly to the far reaches of space, from an elderly witch in WWII's Lublin ghetto to a dragon detective in the modern world's harsh streets, from tattoos and chess games to robberies and betrayals, these stories are packed with action, drama, and a bit of the weird.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Stuart-

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard reminder. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my first amazon review.  5-Stars, no less!  I know it's a small thing, but it sure feels good.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still not sure if you're ready for a whole collection?  Try one of my individual short stories for only $.99!!  They are listed in the signature below.  More will be released soon!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While you're waiting for my novels to be released, try out this collection of short stories!  It's the perfect way to make it through these hot, hot days.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a few days ago I did my first phone interview for this short story collection.  It won't go "live" until some time in October, but it was a lot of fun and a bit surreal.  Hmmmm...maybe there's another short story in that.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Author Stuart Jaffe takes you across the Fantasy and Science Fiction landscapes with ten wide-ranging stories including three all-new tales. From the tiny life of a fly to the far reaches of space, from an elderly witch in WWII's Lublin ghetto to a dragon detective in the modern world's harsh streets, from tattoos and chess games to robberies and betrayals, these stories are packed with action, drama, and a bit of the weird.

"Stuart's work defies pigeon-holing. The man who hosts the podcast "The Eclectic Review" with his wife, demonstrates a talent that is as facile and varied as his intellect. All of these pieces, though, show a master storyteller at the top of his art." -- from the introduction by David B. Coe

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Author Stuart Jaffe takes you across the Fantasy and Science Fiction landscapes with ten wide-ranging stories including three all-new tales. From the tiny life of a fly to the far reaches of space, from an elderly witch in WWII's Lublin ghetto to a dragon detective in the modern world's harsh streets, from tattoos and chess games to robberies and betrayals, these stories are packed with action, drama, and a bit of the weird.

"Stuart's work defies pigeon-holing. The man who hosts the podcast "The Eclectic Review" with his wife, demonstrates a talent that is as facile and varied as his intellect. All of these pieces, though, show a master storyteller at the top of his art." -- from the introduction by David B. Coe

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all of you who have bought and enjoyed this collection.  If you've got some time, please leave a review at any of your favorite sites.  Reviews make a difference for readers and writers.  Thanks again.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure if you want to buy the whole collection? The first story, "Bone Magic," is now available as an individual short. But, really, you're going to want all ten stories.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts
How do you get people to do reviews? I've been working on this, and I'm not sure I'm going about it in the most efficient way.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you mean reviews on Amazon, I don't seek them out.  They happen or they don't.  If you mean reviews such as those you'd find on a book blog site, I'd use the KB search to find a few threads on the subject.  There are several listings of blog review sites.  Each has its own policies regarding submissions to check those out carefully.  And finally, if by reviews you are referring to the blurb quote I have in my description of this book, those are achieved by asking for an author to read and blurb your book.  This is where networking with others in the business helps to establish those contacts.  Good luck.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
10 Bits of My Brain still going strong.  Enjoy this great collection and know that 10 MORE Bits of My Brain is planned for summer 2012!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

1 - 20 of 41 Posts