Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I like: "1. You can't leave it lying on your beach towel when you doze off at Ocean City."

The biggest problem I have with the Kindle - I plan on taking it to the beach, and now it's another electronic item I have to protect from thieves....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love my kindle (2) and will never part with it. When I saw the title of this thread I thought "here we go, kindle bashing..."
But in fact, I agree with most of the 9 points. I DO like the smell of books and the weight of the book (heavy or light). For me, the kindle removes much of the flavor of a book. That being said... I love the ease of use, having 100 books with me, its easier to read (more comfortable).
<sigh>
I love my kindle.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Chuckled at number two. met a couple of nice guys at my college when they noticed my kindle. course the kindle attracts attention of different people.
number five about the bookmarks is true. I miss bookmarks, used to get them as gifts all the time. To me, a card made by the person who gave it to me meant more than a store bought card...as well as the post card from a friend travelling abroad.

I agree with kirwood. I do like the smell of a book, but just new ones.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had to laugh at #2.  Russian Ballerinas may not ask, but HOT techy guy at Caribou Coffee today asked about mine.  Today was the first time anyone asked about it.  ;D

·
Registered
599 Posts
I like not having to use bookmarks. I used to get them as gifts but they always get lost/bent/left in the previous book, so I'd just taken to using old receipts and baseball tickets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Britt said:
I like not having to use bookmarks. I used to get them as gifts but they always get lost/bent/left in the previous book, so I'd just taken to using old receipts and baseball tickets.
Oh Britt, thats something that I miss.
Leafing through an old book of mine is like a finding a miniature time capsule.
A receipt from a lunch shared with a friend, the boarding pass to a flight to Paris, my daughters photo from one of these cheesy photo booths.

I will REALLY miss that in the kindle. :(

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
kirwoodd said:
Oh Britt, thats something that I miss.
Leafing through an old book of mine is like a finding a miniature time capsule.
A receipt from a lunch shared with a friend, the boarding pass to a flight to Paris, my daughters photo from one of these cheesy photo booths.

I will REALLY miss that in the kindle. :(
lol I know what you mean. Going through old books I've found cards, report cards, notes passed during school (so much easier to pass and entire book than a note in school.), invite to bff's sweet sixteen, a pressed leaf placed inside from a family trip (mine were cherry blossoms from the family trip to Hirosaki when i was 12), and the theater ticket from my ex's and my first date (War of the Worlds starring Tom Cruise. lol)

·
Registered
685 Posts
I often used the card(s) for upcoming appointment(s) for bookmarks and missed having a place to carry them when I first got my K1.

Of course, as soon as I got a cover with an inside pocket, that problem was solved.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Very early on in my Kindle obsession, I remember I ran across a post of a picture of someone's Kindle in a cover.  The pocket on the inside of the cover had a book mark in it and the poster had written across the bottom, something about how he (or she?) always has a book mark in their Kindle cover, just because they didn't want to give it up: it is a book after all!

I thought that was hilarious....still do....makes me want to carry around a bookmark in my Oberon,too...just because....  ;D

·
Registered
740 Posts
My favorite one was number 9 "If I hate what I'm reading, I can't throw it across the room" I've done that a few times with paperbacks ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts