Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been some interesting threads lately about how long people take to write books. Some are Speedy Gonzalez. Some are tortoises. It takes all sorts, and I don't suppose there's any one best speed. Everyone has a different situation in life, with different concerns and priorities, work pressures, family needs, etc. Anyway, I'm slow with my writing. Super slow. Tortoise moving in slow motion. I don't mind.

Case in point: finally, after ten years in the making, I just published the last book of my trilogy. Amazon published the first two in a couple hours each. For some reason, perhaps to celebrate my slowness, they've taken more than 48 hours on this one, and it's still not live (the page is up, but no Buy button). Oh, and feel free to critique the cover. I can always use the help. Anyway, I'm going to go celebrate with a chocolate old-fashioned doughnut.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks, Modwitch. It was long... Within that span of time, I got married, my wife and I had two kids, worked in three different continents, and a lot of my hair turned gray (and/or fell out).

Thank God there's a virtually endless supply of doughnuts out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts