Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am conducting a very unscientific survey on my blog asking the question - How Often Do Couples Have Sex?

This is a completely private questionnaire that is very short. This is not a dirty, silly survey. I'm asking tame questions. A while back I posed this question on my blog and since then I've gotten a lot of hits. People want to know things like -

On average how often does a couple who has been together 20+ years have sex? Is there a trend as to when the frequently falls off? How do engaged couples compare to those married for five years. What about couple who are legally separated?

I've already had 50 people take the survey, but the sample size is still too small to make any real judgment.

If you are married, engaged/committed, legally separated, or in the process of a divorce please consider taking the survey.

The people who've taken it so far are quite "active" ;D and I think my numbers are being thrown off.

Please click here to read more about it and to find the survey link - http://wp.me/p1v0Up-3q

Thanks

Jenna

·
Registered
460 Posts
Reputable, scientific surveys show that married people have a much greater frequency over non-marrieds in the same statistical demographics.

Variety goes down, of course.

And, quality is too subjective to really answer.

Now, how long you're married...what effect does that have?  Interesting, but again my impression from previous studies I've seen (and this is totally from memory and I know I'm not citing anything) is that if frequency goes down, it corresponds to a decrease in frequency of non-marrieds of the same age demographics.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll be interesting to see the results once I have enough to report. I'm only doing a simple tally count - not asking about variety, quality, etc.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lisa Scott said:
Hilarious thread title, BTW. :)
;) I could try to make a connection between a Kindle and my survey but that would probably get this thread closed.

Ha ha

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
DH and I have been a couple for 23 years.. I took your survey.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much. I've gotten a bunch already this morning but I haven't reviewed them. I'll post this request on Twitter and Facebook again and that way I won't know where the surveys are coming from.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
you don't have a question that asks the ages of the partners. That will have an effect on results too.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Look forward to your results. Interesting topic though covered by various studies related to your interest.  In addition to age, health etc, the cultural influence is quite significant too. All the best.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone who has completed the survey. I made a lot of progress in getting to my goal number of participants.

~ Jenna

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi friends - I am bumping this thread in hopes of getting some more survey takers. Many of you were nice enough to fill it out last time.~ * ~

I am conducting a very unscientific survey on my blog asking the question - How Often Do Couples Have Sex?

This is a completely private questionnaire that is very short. This is not a dirty, silly survey. I'm asking tame questions. A while back I posed this question on my blog and since then I've gotten a lot of hits. People want to know things like -

On average how often does a couple who has been together 20+ years have sex? Is there a trend as to when the frequently falls off? How do engaged couples compare to those married for five years. What about couple who are legally separated?

I've already had 70 people take the survey, but the sample size is still too small to make any real judgment.

If you are married, engaged/committed, legally separated, or in the process of a divorce please consider taking the survey.

The people who've taken it so far are quite "active" and I think my numbers are being thrown off.

Please click here to read more about it and to find the survey link - http://wp.me/p1v0Up-3q

Thanks

Jenna

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
crebel said:
We have been married for 33 years, a couple for 37. I took your survey.
Thanks so much! I'm seeing a few roll in.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Love your profile pic.  I'm going to abstain from answering, because third trimester pregnancy messes up all of OUR numbers. :)  But I will pass on the link.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kCopeseeley said:
Love your profile pic. I'm going to abstain from answering, because third trimester pregnancy messes up all of OUR numbers. :) But I will pass on the link.
Ha ha - yes. Lots of things change due to pregnancy and kids.

Jenna

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi friends - I am bumping this thread in hopes of getting a few, last minute survey takers. Some of you were nice enough to fill it out already. I have roughly 80 responses and am hoping for 100. I plan to post the results within the next week.~ * ~

The current sample size is still too small to make any real judgment.

The people who've taken it so far are quite "active" and I think my numbers are being thrown off.

Thanks so much.

Jenna

1 - 18 of 18 Posts