Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Kindleboards.com when I was making a mouse pad on Zazzel (I'm lazy, I was hoping to find a Kindle related mouse pad instead of making my own.  I've been checking you out for a couple of days and since I can't go anywhere I thought I'd see if this discussion board thing works for me.  I've never done it before so I apologize now for all my mistakes. 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome...lots of info and fun to be found here

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi imallbs - Welcome to Kindleboards!  A good place to be.  I'm planning on being snowed in tomorrow!  Where are you and how much snow?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Welcome.  I think you will like it here.  :)

Do you have a Kindle, shopping for one or in the fact finding stage?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
If you haven't found the book threads yet, you might want to check them out.  There are a lot of free books out there at the moment.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
imallbs, welcome!

Glad you found us while you are snowed in!  We got lots of good stuff here, including the Book Corner, and the Tips & Tricks, and lively stuff in Not Quite Kindle!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, imallbs! Glad to have you here. Glad you found us under all that snow...LOL

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello imallbs and welcome to our obsession! You will find a very diverse group here with one thing in common... we all love our kindles and reading. Glad you decided to join us!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome imallbs! Nice to have you with us. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. We have bookklubs starting in Jan, check it out in The Book Corner.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Imallbs -

Nifty handle you have there  ;)

Always nice to meet another Washingtonian - there are a handful of us here on the boards.

I live near Seattle and the snow finally hit my home town today.  Thankfully, not nearly as much as Spokane and enough to prevent me from going to work.  I went to WSU for my undergrad degree so on breaks I'd visit the fair city of Spokane  :D

KB is friendly and fun.  Glad to see you own a Kindle.  Check out the Book Corner and let us know about your favorite books,

Marci

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm also snowed in. I tried moving my car today (because while the snow stopped, there was still 1.5-2 feet on top of and around my car), quite unsuccessfully.

ALSO, I'm procrastinating on my online class.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Nebulinda -

Welcome Aboard!  :)

Nice to have you here.  I hope you also posted in the Introductions board?  Please do so if haven't already.

I  had almost a foot of snow where I live & more is forcasted, so it will be interesting to see if I make it to work tomorrow.

I tried online classes and found out I was too undisciplined to do well.  Hope you have better luck than me  :D

Marci

·
Registered
869 Posts
imallbs said:
Hi Marci
It is nice to hear from another Washingtonian. I heard about Seattle's snow problems. I think 2 inches of snow does almost as much to interrupt things there as 2 feet does here. I'm a EWU graduate myself. Except for 10 years in Illinois I've pretty much stuck to the east side. I do like those west side weekends and vacations though.
"I think 2 inches of snow does almost as much to interrupt things there as 2 feet does here". It does, it does! LOL And everytime there is disparagement from those in "real" snow cites or states about what happens :p

I really miss the rolling green fields of the eastside...I loved making the drive to and from Pullman during breaks at WSU. One of these days I will make another trip to the Palouse and take copious amounts of photos that will not do justice along the way... Probably for a football game or a concert at WSU or Spokane. Oh, hey, Spokane. Boy, did your city ever luck out to host the World Figure Skating Championships for the 2009 Olympics. I wanted to get tickets for that and too late and too expensive.

Glad to hear you make your way to "my side of the mountains" [pun intended],

Marci

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome!  As far as I have been able to tell - they don't know the word "mistake" here - they keep letting me post so that is proof!  Jump on in and post and happy reading on your kindle!

·
Registered
869 Posts
"But 2010 US championships are in Spokane. I don't know how much the tickets are but the packages last time were a few hundred dollars."

Yes, you are right, it's the 2010 that I was thinking of.

Are you a fan of ice skating & planning to go? Just curious. It's one of my favorite events to watch during the Winter Olympics.

LOL about this "Of course the writer also called us the "Gateway to Idaho". I'm not sure how to take that part." ;D

Marci

1 - 20 of 20 Posts