Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has seen a substantial difference in sales when changing the price of their ebook? My book was at 2.99, I changed it to 99 cents. But I only get .35 cents then for every copy sold... I don't know if it's worth it, I've only sold 10 copies.

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dalya said:
If you have a bunch of books, you can have some at .99 as a loss-leader or to boost your # of units and author rank.

It sucks to sell full-length novels for that much. Definitely give it a shot, putting your book on sale from time to time, but track your #s and do your own analysis.

You have to sell 6 at .99 to equal 1 at $2.99.
That's a good way of thinking about it! I think I am going to raise the price again then. I only have one title out there and it's only been a few days, but I'm so antsy to see the sales rise. I know it takes time.

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bruce Blake said:
I agree with Dalya. I've played around with $0.99 a bit and had what looks like good success (about 3X as many sales). It was good for ranking but hard on the pocket book (my books are normally $3.99, so I have to sell almost 8 books to make up the difference). A good strategy is to drop the price to get the rankings up and make it more visible, then put the price back up and hope the sales continue because of the visibility. If it's at $0.99 and you're not moving many units, I wouldn't leave it there.
One of the books I've been playing with the price of, I put up to $4.99 near the beginning of the month and it hasn't hurt sales at all.
Well that begs the question then...What is a good sells rank? I was at #38,000 today in the morning, now Im at 41,000 Is this a bad rank, or okay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.