Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered the K2 and want to sell the K1 to a friend of mine but do not want her to have access to 'one click' off of my account.  She does not have a credit card/debit card or the internet so she cannot set up an account on amazon to register and keep her own lists.  I am hoping I can do this.  Any idea's? 

Also, If I download a new book or even the books I have now, can I have them on both Kindles or is it just one title and we will have to switch them back and forth?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
MDW, aren't you in my neck of the woods? Like, my town? LOL

We can talk on the phone about this if you want. I am about to eat dinner but if you want to call me in 40 minutes or so, I am just hanging out.

XX4-2175

You should know the first two digits.

L
 
G

·
We all know the first 2 digits *evil*.  :)

I think your can deregister the Kindle your friend is getting.  She can then use the Kindle to go on line at Amazon(or maybe your computer would be better) to set up an account.  Then buy books with Coin Star Amazon Gift cards.

Not sure if that would work but it might.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
I have also purchased a K1 to pass on to a friend. She will also be registered to my account. We are setting up guidelines where book purchases are concerned. I will have to trust her in that respect. The only way she would be able to purchase books would be through the kindle as she won't have access to my Amazon login. If and when she does purchase a book through the kindle I will know about it as I will get an email from Amazon. If you don't trust your friend not to purchase books, you can download a selection ahead of time and then reregister it. Once she has read everything, you register it back and download more books for her. This was one of the options I considered, but she lives 200 miles away from me and I figure since she has been on my cell phone account for nearly 9 years and has not abused that then I should be able to trust her not to abuse my Amazon account.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Vampyre said:
We all know the first 2 digits *evil*. :)

I think your can deregister the Kindle your friend is getting. She can then use the Kindle to go on line at Amazon(or maybe your computer would be better) to set up an account. Then buy books with Coin Star Amazon Gift cards.

Not sure if that would work but it might.
Doesn't matter, she didn't call me. *SOB*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
it woukld be really nice if you could disable it. Would probably open up some new markets. My son;'s school had looked at possibly getting some for their lit clasess, and rules the Kindle out, partially for that reason. if they get any, they will get the Sony 550s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
BambiB said:
Can I take the one click off of mine?!? I don't know that I trust myself :eek: LOL!!
LOL... I am grounded from 1-clicking right now!! ;D

If I don't have a current GC balance, I am not allowed to buy books!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Leslie,  I can call you tonight! I put my son to bed at 8 then got wrapped up in reading. You really cant blame me there  ;D  Let me know what is a good time for you.  I usually get home from work around 6p.  And yes,  I am getting ready to leave the house  right now to go to work.  It is a loonnngg day!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
mydreamywish said:
Sorry Leslie, I can call you tonight! I put my son to bed at 8 then got wrapped up in reading. You really cant blame me there ;D Let me know what is a good time for you. I usually get home from work around 6p. And yes, I am getting ready to leave the house right now to go to work. It is a loonnngg day!!
I usually get home around 6p, too. Anytime after that is fine.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,346 Posts
Angela said:
LOL... I am grounded from 1-clicking right now!! ;D

If I don't have a current GC balance, I am not allowed to buy books!
Me too (sigh of depression), I have an e-certificate to add, but all it will do is take down to balance on hubby's K2 until it ships (grumble, grumble).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
crebel said:
Me too (sigh of depression), I have an e-certificate to add, but all it will do is take down to balance on hubby's K2 until it ships (grumble, grumble).
LOL! I hope you get your balance back up soon!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top