Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of new to boards in general and I've jumped right in.  I only today figured out that there is type under those long black lines when you put your cursor over them!  Which is the first question: How do you do that and do you do that to conceal spoilers? I thought maybe is was R rated stuff, but that didn't make sense most of the time! ;D

Also, how do your read the board?  I'm sure there's a lot of personal preference in that answer, but when I jump around, I always feel like I'm missing out on something.  What's your method?  Especially those of you who never seem to miss a thing!

Thanks!  It's so nice here!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
ShellyD said:
I'm kind of new to boards in general and I've jumped right in. I only today figured out that there is type under those long black lines when you put your cursor over them! Which is the first question: How do you do that and do you do that to conceal spoilers? I thought maybe is was R rated stuff, but that didn't make sense most of the time! ;D
For the spoiler text (the blacked-out text), there is a button at the top with the formatting buttons that says SP in black and white. Just push that and it will put the tags in your post, and whatever you type between the tags is blacked out.
Like this.

Hope that made sense.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
You can create spoiler tags by putting [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] (remove the spaces) around your text. As for how I read the board, I do it section by section. I start with the first section, read every thread I'm interested in and skip the ones I'm not, and then I move on to the next section and do the same - and so on and so forth.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I go to the home page and read all replies to my post topics first then i move up to all posts since last visit.  Then I go to the bottom of the screen and read the posts as they are flying on the boards.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Shelly.

I like to scroll down until I can see the running list of new posts.  That way i can see what's new across all the subforums in one place.  You can click on  what interests you and be taken right to the post.  This is a great, well moderated board.  Thank you Harvey, Leslie, and all the Moderators.

*edit* You beat me to it, Dori!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I am not too familar with boards as well and I skip around a lot. I just go to what interests me. I find I miss a lot though and am answering some questions late. But I don't have time to stay on long lengths of time. I have to do this in-between clients and housework and such so I show I am on-line a lot even when I am doing haircuts or highlights...I have to jump around to try to catch everything.
just testing this, didn't know it was here...thanks for asking this question

·
Registered
205 Posts
At the top where it says "Hello ShellyD" there is a line that says "Show unread posts since last visit".  That's what I click everytime I come to the board so I just see the new stuff and not get mired in the posts I've already looked at.  I do that with all the boards I go to, as it saves a lot of time IMHO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dori said:
I go to the home page and read all replies to my post topics first then i move up to all posts since last visit. Then I go to the bottom of the screen and read the posts as they are flying on the boards.
That's my method as well! GMTA!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts