Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're more than a month in, how are you doing?

I've set my goal to 150 books. I think its about what I'll read this year. Mostly I really want to get better at documenting what I read. I'm currently 2 books behind schedule according to it, but I expect I'll be ahead of schedule by the end of the week. (Yay school vacation week!)

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I am 4 books ahead, but I like to set it lower than I think. I set it at 120 and I can always add more as it gets later in the year. The last 3 months of 2014 were horrible for me as I was in a total slump so barely made it with what I set in the beginning of the year. I hope this year goes smooth.

Its really nice to see all the nice books with their nice covers in one place later in the year when I check.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I am currently 6 books ahead of schedule! Woohoo...it's unusual for me to be that far ahead. I love being able to keep track of books read on the website. It gets harder and harder to remember if I've read a book or just wanted to but haven't yet.  I'd like to remember to make notes about each book as I read them, but I usually rate them from my kindle when I finish so I never remember to go back in and make notes for myself.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
I'm not participating formally.  I've not kept track of what I've read, really, since grade school when you had to for a grade. ::)

But I just did a quick check and I have read 12 books so far. Well, one was a DNF.

It is easy to count if you rate it from your Kindle and let it go to GR. Just sort by date finished and it's easy to count.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I set my goal at 75 which is lower than last year cause I figured I would be busy with my daughter graduating. I am only one book ahead : ( but we have been busy with scholarships.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I don't have an official goal this year, but I've read 20 books so far, with 1 DNF. Last year I think the total was about 120, the year before was 150 (IIRC). Given that I've gotten incredibly bored with the offerings on television, this may be a banner year for reading.

Mike

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I'm not participating formally, either. And I feel like I have been in a  reading slump since about Thanksgiving. But going back and checking, I see that in 2015 I have read 12 books plus a DNF and one "book" that ended up to be more of a pamphlet at 24 pages.

I've been saying I would start another 80 books thread this year, but related to my slump, which now doesn't really look like a slump to me, I may reconsider. But if I don't get the thread started by the end of February I'll give up on the idea!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My goal is 125 books & I'm currently 7 books ahead of schedule. I'm sure I won't stay ahead for too long...  I tend to start off strong & then fizzle out later in the year.  ???

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I never tracked my books...too lazy.  But the current integration makes it so easy...  I'm in at 75 books and have read 7 so far.  Haven't read much in Feb yet...

Betsy

·
Registered
928 Posts
I've set my goal to 90 and at the moment I'm 9 books ahead (21 read).

I love the GR integration to keep track of books. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts