Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's just 4 days to the 'official' release day. I thought it was about time to start the traditional "Kindle Watch" thread. :)

I ordered the Signature edition. My delivery date still shows Oct 29. Waiting for

device to show in 'my devices'
credit card to be charged
tracking information
welcome letter from Amazon

Have I forgotten anything?

·
6,032 Posts
I think you've just about covered it. :)

Here in the UK the release date for the new regular PW is Oct 27 and for the Signature Nov 10. So my delivery day is still showing as Nov 11. There was a time when they dispatched Kindles early enough to be delivered on release day itself, but apparently not anymore. :(

I shall expect detailed reports from you so I can live vicariously through you for the extra two weeks I'll have to wait!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, one of my tracking pages on my phone says "Preparing for Shipment". Both PW and case say they are arriving tomorrow by 11PM. Interestingly, the case is now a separate package from the PW and only the PW says "Preparing....". The case is still stuck in the "Not yet shipped" zone.

I just hope they both arrive tomorrow as I can't stand having new devices without a case to protect it... also of note: depending on which device and which app/webpage Im viewing, it sometimes says by 9pm, by 10pm or by 11pm... hmmmmm.... Im hoping for by 1pm!! Lol!!

Anyway, nothing has shipped quite yet... just preparing to ship for the PW... will update when that changes!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"preparing for shipment" is definite progress! Yay for you! Is the new device showing on your Manage Content and Devices page?

me: still no movement anywhere. :( But my expected delivery date isn't until the 29th -- which is still WAY better than the Nov 15th date they originally gave, so I'm trying to be patient. :D My case still says delivery Nov 2-3.

·
Registered
134 Posts
"preparing for shipment" is definite progress! Yay for you! Is the new device showing on your Manage Content and Devices page?

me: still no movement anywhere. :( But my expected delivery date isn't until the 29th -- which is still WAY better than the Nov 15th date they originally gave, so I'm trying to be patient. :D My case still says delivery Nov 2-3.
The new device is not showing on my content and devices page but when I ordered it I unchecked the box that says "Link Device to your Amazon Account to Simplify Setup". Not sure why I chose to do that... maybe that's why its not showing up though. Are there any other downsides to unchecking that option? I can't even remeber if I ussually do that when ordering a new Kindle. It's been over two years I believe since I last ordered a Kindle from Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah! I usually leave it checked but, yeah, you probably won't see it in your account, then, until you get it and register it yourself. That's really the only downside that I'm aware of -- it won't already be registered. If you DO leave the box checked, you can start sending books to it as soon as they link it -- so even before you get it. And, if you're going to give it to someone else you would want to uncheck the box, of course, so they can register it to their own account.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Still no updates for me, have not been charged yet, case still says delivery for tomorrow but still shows not yet shipped, not even preparing for shipmen. The Signature Paperwhite, still shows delivery for Friday 10/29 and not yet shipped status. And still not showing under my devices.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts