Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ten months and three days after release, I am now three copies away from having sold or gifted 3,000 copies of Falling Star. In addition, someone or more persons actually went into a DTB bookstore and asked for copies of the print edition, and it wasn't me. ;D

How do I know? Because CreateSpace just notified me that two books were sold into "Expanded Distribution", which is their DTB Bookstore designation. That is exciting.

So the question for today is: Will my 3,000th copy be an eBook or a DTB?

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's awesome, Phillip.

I can only hope my own meager sales (129 as of this writing) can someday equal yours. My book's been out since the 19th of last month. At that rate, I'll be at around 1800 in ten months.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for better! :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Elijah and Jason.

Jason,

Take heart. This thing is a marathon and not a sprint. Be active on this forum and others including mine, the Independent Authors Forum, and follow the advice of others who are literally mere steps ahead of you.

So many things to learn and I am just learning them myself. BTW, you are doing a heck of a lot better than my first month.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Philip Chen said:
Thank you Elijah and Jason.

Jason,

Take heart. This thing is a marathon and not a sprint. Be active on this forum and others including mine, the Independent Authors Forum, and follow the advice of others who are literally mere steps ahead of you.

So many things to learn and I am just learning them myself. BTW, you are doing a heck of a lot better than my first month.
Thanks Philip. I'm hoping they pick up pretty quick. Faster it sells the faster I can get to writing the second one.

I signed up on your forum, just waiting on the verification email. Looking forward to meeting some more folks!

Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts