Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the most I've ever written in one day.

I'm exhausted. I swear I almost can't even see straight after that.

What's your record?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well done!  Feels good, don't it?

I made my record this past Saturday: 3,991 words.  Tonight was 3,461.  Of course, my wife and kids are gone until the end of the week, so I set myself a challenge to get 30,000 words down before they get back.  I don't normally crank out that many at once, but it's good to learn that I can if I push myself to.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not sure I recall an exact number or record of my own for writing in a single day. I do have a few friends that participate in Nanowrimo every year that have pulled out all the stops and stay up 24 hours just to make the 50,000 word mark. That of course though comes with a deadline so i'm not sure if that would count.

I look at any day that I can get at least a full sentence written down as an accomplishment for myself!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dr. Laurence Brown said:
I'm not sure I recall an exact number or record of my own for writing in a single day. I do have a few friends that participate in Nanowrimo every year that have pulled out all the stops and stay up 24 hours just to make the 50,000 word mark. That of course though comes with a deadline so i'm not sure if that would count.

I look at any day that I can get at least a full sentence written down as an accomplishment for myself!
yup, a sentence sounds pretty good to me right about now. (hey, this is my sentence). Done!

·
Registered
300 Posts
My record is just over 16000 in a day. I missed Nanowrimo because quantum mechanics was destroying my gpa, so I picked a week free in December and shot for the moon. It was the Tuesday before Christmas and I wrote from 8 am to 5:30 pm, pausing once for a can of soup. Suffice to say, I was unusually focused that day.

·
Registered
685 Posts
7200 and change is my personal best, but then you have to factor in that quite a few of those words ultimately ended up on the old cutting room floor!  :D But it is amazing what you learn about your world/characters when you do a long, sustained chunk like that. Even if you don't keep all of it.

Good work Erica! ;)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Once I wrote 15,000 words in one day. My wrists really hurt after that.

I was too inspired to stop, though. :)

(Also, during that period of time, it was Thanksgiving break, and I was single. Jobs and relationships suck up lots of time, and I hear children are also good at getting in the way of writing. :p)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd like to say somewhere in the 4000-5000 range is my best, but that's on a GOOD day.  Most days are 1000-2000 if I'm in the zone.  ;)

You guys make me want to work harder!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts