Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wait is getting shorter! The Kindle page now shows a wait time of 3 to 5 weeks. They must be doing a huge mass shipment at that time. When I called CS the girl told me nothing was shipping right now and wouldn't until the end of February. She said that's why we see the estimated time changing each week as it gets closer to the date they expect to start shipping. I can't wait - 3 weeks seems soooo far away!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've already been waiting since December 1 :'(  I'm tired of waiting!  Okay, calming down now ..... I've waited this long so I think I can handle 3 more weeks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been reading all over the place that a new Kindle is coming out Feb 9 (I think that's the date). Makes me sort of angry... I would've waited to order mine if I knew I would have only had it since Dec. 2 and then a new one came out 3 months later. I love it anyway.....

·
Registered
320 Posts
waiting....waiting....waiting...waiting k this is getting boring. Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of electronic device that could entertain me for a while, but doesn't make noise to bother anyone else. It be great if it could fit in my purse and encompass my love reading. Wait... that's why I'm waiting....waiting.....waiting..... Back to square one.

LSbookend

and waiting...waiting...waiting

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Even tho I am soooo excited about getting my Kindle in a few weeks, (ship date est. is March 3-10) I am beginning to really worry about which Kindle I will get, if the rumors are true. I know I want an SD card, and I am not sure I like the bigger size (if the pics are true). I wish I had gotten the first Kindle when it came out, so I could make a better informed decision about which Kindle I want now.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
KeyboardKat said:
I have been reading all over the place that a new Kindle is coming out Feb 9 (I think that's the date). Makes me sort of angry... I would've waited to order mine if I knew I would have only had it since Dec. 2 and then a new one came out 3 months later. I love it anyway.....
It will probably be announced on the 9th. You will not be able to get one for a good while after that, maybe several months more.

Steve

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Laurie said:
I can't wait - 3 weeks seems soooo far away!!
Hang in there. My second Kindle was just ordered recently.

I

·
0 Posts
Well the god news; Kindles will ship in 21 days.

Bad news is; The world ends in 20 days, sorry.  That is all.  :)

I was just kidding. If this really happens, I'll be so embarrassed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been waiting since Dec. 7th.  I have the skin and a cover for it.  I have waited this long so I guess I might as well wait longer.  I do hope that if Amazon is coming out with a new kindle that it is the same size as the current one, has a SD card slot, and the only two changes are the page buttons are smaller and situated a little higher and there is the capability to do folders. 
The wait is killing me.  Now you have the speculation about Amazon and a new kindle.

Delores

I

·
0 Posts
Waiting for my Kindle,
watching the time slowly dwindle.
Theres an ache in my heart,
waiting for the shipping to restart.

My Kindle is all I need.
for all the books I want to read.
I'll use the Whispernet
for all the books I can possibly get.
but I don't have my Kindle yet!

As i pass the time,
I'll read Vampy's silly rhyme,
as I slowly lose my mind.
I'll be as happy as can be,
when they ship my Kindle to me.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Vampyre said:
Waiting for my Kindle,

My Kindle is all I need.
I'll use the Whispernet

As i pass the time,
I love it. Nice work Vampyre

Steve

I

·
0 Posts
Thanks.  sometimes I just get into those silly rhyming moods and that's what happens.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It is so strange, how there all coming in at once!
Well, not really.

I mean, if the kindle shortage was due to a manufacturing backup, it makes a whole lot more sense that they would all come in at the same time, b/c they're all on the same boat from China, so to speak.

It would make far less sense if there were kindles being shipped out every week, but not enough to fill all the orders.

But since the delay was probably caused by either a factory delay or a component delay (and probably not retooling the entire like for K2, jmo), the whole shipment arriving at the same time seems pretty logical.

(I used to work in a place that sold Barbie dolls. We saw the same thing happen over some designer Barbie. It wasn't Bob Mackie, or Givenchy, but it was something like that. Anyway, the outfit called for a straw hat that was not easily available nor readily produced. So the entire shipment of that particular doll was delayed 6 months while they worked out that kink. Shopping is not so much a hobby as an obsession with me. And like all truly obsessed people, I must know the ins and outs of the object of my desire. So there ya go.)

Excellent verse there, Vampy.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Vampyre said:
Waiting for my Kindle,

My Kindle is all I need.
I'll use the Whispernet

As i pass the time,
Feeling poetic, are we? Never happens to me, I'm lucky to find a rhyme with time, so to speak.

·
Registered
736 Posts
It seems that we've been waiting forever.  It's a good thing I'm reading some great DTBs right now to keep my mind off the Kindle....kind of?!

·
Registered
182 Posts
libro said:
It seems that we've been waiting forever. It's a good thing I'm reading some great DTBs right now to keep my mind off the Kindle....kind of?!
Yep, I'm reading Grisham's new book, The Apprentice, in DTB.

I

·
0 Posts
Thanks

I never think of them as poems.  I like to think of them as song lyrics.

:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts