·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
539 Posts
Warning #24: No Fly Zone

Seen on materials for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000: "Warning! This program should not be used in flight training! Death or serious injury could result!"
not to harsh the mellow of your very entertaining thread, but ... we learned the truth of this one on 9-11-01.

I love bad Engrish and/or abject stupidity in my instruction manuals.

One of my personal Engrish favorites of many years has to do with those little toy thingies that you drop in water and over time they grow many times the original itty bitty size ... one lovely dolphin one that I bought had within the instructions, "It is for the observation and amusement of the swelling."

Another winner for me has always been "do not attempt to clear stuck blades with hand."

Whether this warning is on a lawnmower, a blender, or a fan, there is going to be a call to 911 somewhere in the future.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Seen on a chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals"
Now they tell me.

The funniest one I've seen isn't very technical, but it was on one of those folding sunshields you put inside your windshield:

"Do not drive with sunshield in place."

Really?

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
The sad thing is that some of those warnings are probably required as part of a settlement because someone did the stupid thing being warned against.

Ed's ladders have some really remarkable ones! :eek:
The ladder label case is quite famous...I remember when it happened. Apparently someone put a ladder up on pile of frozen manure which then thawed....

Betsy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.