Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That's fantastic, Barbara!  Hopefully those readers will tell their friends, and on and on. 

By the way, I love the book cover in your sig. Professional and compelling.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Awesome! Heck, even if half of those people convert into sales, I'd be happy! hahaha... do you have any other work for sale???

-jb 8)

·
Registered
586 Posts
PatrickWalts said:
Wow! Looks like I need to look into writing erotic fiction! :eek:
Me, too. I'll have to use a pen name, something sexy sounding. I would categorize my sex scenes as erotic, but more in the mind than body.
As they say, sex sells!

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Congrats, Barabra - and the best thing is that they are all Amazon transactions and go to your totals - your quite impressive circulation nmbers.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
54 Posts
barbara elsborg said:
Sorry for bragging. Well, no, I'm not really because I never have much to brag about, but I just heard that my free erotic romance story SAYING YES was downloaded 31,483 times in May. Now I just need to convert that to sales for my other books.

Barbara, those are huge numbers. Good for you!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, everyone!

@grace - how do I get people to hear about my work? Well, I just do what everyone does - social media, blogs - mine and others, facebook, Kindle Boards etc etc - I'd written another free story before this one called The Bad Widow but although it's an erotic romance, it's historical and I don't write historical stories so it wasn't indicative of my work. It had a lot of downloads - well, it was free! - but nothing like the number for Saying Yes - which is just like my other stuff.

@ Patrick and Gerrie - YES use a pen name. I made a mistake in letting a dark suspense novel go out under my real name - Barbara Elsborg and of course, some people - despite my warning - thought it was going to be a fun story - Chosen is very dark.

@ JIm - do I have any other work for sale? Yes - I have 20 erotic romances on sale - all full length novels of different types eg some paranormal, plus the two free short stories, a short story in an anthology, a novella and a book under contract with a new publisher.

@ Doug - Does the book have links to my other work? You know, I never downloaded it myself despite the fact that it was free! I suspect it has details of books with that publisher - yes.

On a general note - I suspect success breeds success. In other words, once you get to the top of the lists on Amazon then more and more people will download your story. If it's free or cheap, they're taking little risk if they don't like it and not everyone will of course. Plus - though it would be nice to think this would translate directly to sales - it won't!! I won't know for another month my figures for my other books so it's a wait and see.

All I'm waiting for now is someone to tell me it was a mistake and I downloaded 483!! please Nooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
598 Posts
GerrieFerrisFinger said:
Me, too. I'll have to use a pen name, something sexy sounding. I would categorize my sex scenes as erotic, but more in the mind than body.
As they say, sex sells!
For myself, I'm thinking a goth/vampire type thing, something really cliche'd but classy. Something that I'd never read. I think I'll call myself "Damien Wolfe" or something. Lol

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I wish there was some way to calculate the effects of a free giveaway on sales lost of other books because the reader has the option of either buying a book, or downloading one for free, versus how many repeat customers it draws in. Does Amazon issue something with the buyer's identity on it when it gives the monthly reports? If they did, we could track how many names or IP addresses or whatever form of ID they used came back and bought a book subsequent to downloading one free.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts