Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: Scroll to the May 14 post for details about the downloadable diet tracker forms and bonus free recipes.
They are on the Lakehouse Publishing website at http://lakehousepublishing.wordpress.com/
The May 22 post includes details about the downloadable HCG Shopping List. Losing weight has never been easier!

#####​
The HCG diet is a miraculous discovery, allowing people to lose up to a pound a day. I participated in the diet recently with a group of friends and we all found the diet super effective and easy to follow. However, there is a very limited list of foods allowed. And with no fat, oilds, dairy, or many other common ingredients, you cannot use any regular, stand-by recipes. The food gets boring really fast.

So we talked to everyone we know to gather ideas, tried them out, and came up with some wonderful recipes! Using these recipes, the meals and days flew by while the pounds melted away! (I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks. Staggering!)

The book includes an overview of the diet itself plus our 35 best recipes. Several of these are so good that I have continued making them even now that I'm off the diet. I believe they are helping me maintain and even lose some more weight.

This is my second recipe book and it comes with plenty of tips and advice to make the dishes and the diet easy. The book has a linked Table of Contents for easy navigation - just click on the recipe title in the Table of Contents to jump right to it.

My favorite recipes include Garlic Shrimp (had it tonight for dinner!), Taco Salad, and Mustard Vinaigrette Chicken. They are truly delicious.

Best wishes to anyone who is trying the HCG diet. Stick with it and don't cheat. You will be rewarded!

35 Quick & Easy HCG Recipes is on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005E7Y9NI
or Amazon UK here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005E7Y9NI

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Ann, and congratulations on your book! :)

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ann in Arlington! I've only been on KB for 2 or 3 months, but I am sooo impressed by the great jobs being done by the moderators here - posting information for people (like you did here), calming quarrels in threads, combining repetitive threads, moving threads that are in the wrong section, etc. So thanks for all your hard work keeping KB awesome!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of my very favorite recipes in the 25 Quick & Easy HCG Recipes is the Garlic Shrimp. It's kind of a stir fry dish. The secret ingredient is Rice Vinegar, added after the dish is cooked. I still make it fairly often, although I finished the diet a couple of months ago. Now I can switch things up with different veggies (diced carrot, water chestnut, mushrooms) and make it more Asian flavored with some Hoisin Sauce. Have also found that a spoon of Asian Chile Sauce spices things up.

Here's the original HCG compliant recipe:

Garlic Shrimp
2 ounces cabbage, shredded
2 ounces onion, diced
3-3.5 ounces shrimp
1/4 teaspoon garlic & herb seasoning mix
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon roasted garlic or minced garlic
Pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar, optional
1 tablespoon water

Combine all ingredients except rice vinegar in a nonstick skillet or sauce pan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally until cabbage is softened a bit but not soggy. If using raw shrimp, put them in skillet first until they turn pink and then add remaining ingredients. To keep the dish hot while eating, pour it into a small bowl. For extra zing, add a splash of rice vinegar and stir to mix.

Tips and Options: If you aren't a big onion lover, try this dish with 3 ounces shredded cabbage and 1 ounce diced onion. You will have slightly more volume of vegetables and still have plenty of taste! You could even make the dish with 4 ounces of cabbage and no onion. The garlic keeps that taste going!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the best lunch options on the HCG diet, or afterward while on the maintenance program, is Taco Salad. The recipe in 25 Quick & Easy HCG Recipes give instructions to make a batch of 5 for lunch all week or just one for today.

The Garlic Shrimp (recipe above in this thread) and the Taco Salad are 2 of my favorite things discovered while on the HCG Diet. I still eat them - and am still losing weight. Check out the HCG compliant Taco Salad. You'll be glad you did!

(Don't forget the Salsa topping. The recipe is in the book with the Taco Salad and the Salsa is key to a great Taco Salad.)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The diet allows one protein portion and one vegetable portion per meal. The part that's tricky is finding ways to keep food moist and delicious while cooking without fats or oils or dairy, etc. Spices and sauces are extremely important for creating some taste diversity in the extremely limited foods allowed.
So, from day 1 of the diet, my friends and I started experimenting, looking for great taste and diversity. We scoured the Internet looking for ideas and adapted the best of what we found to make it tastier, easier, and faster to prepare. We put our heads together with everyone we know who has tried the diet and picked up all their great ideas too!
This book features our 25 top taste treats for the HCG diet. Try them out and you will see that these great recipes make the days and meals fly by.
The recipes also include tips and tricks we discovered along the way to help make sticking to the diet easier and to make the meals quick and easy to prepare.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HCG Information from the Diet Overview section of the book:

While on the HCG diet, participants take shots or drops of the hormone HCG which releases fat stores from the body into the blood stream. The fat is then accessible to the body as fuel. That's why you don't need to eat very much and you don't feel hungry the whole time.
The first 2 days you take the HCG (shots or drops) and fat load. During these 2 days dieters must eat plenty of fatty and sugary foods.
Most people stay on the diet for either 3 or 6 weeks. During this phase, dieters must adhere to the strict 500 calorie per day regimen. This is the part that can get boring because only a handful of foods are allowed.
Although the drops and shots can be purchased online, to ensure your safety and that you are getting the real HCG products, dieters really should be working with a physician.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The HCG diet can be either a 3-week or a 6-week program. Either is followed by 3 more weeks of low-carb transition diet. So now's the time to squeeze in a fall diet to look and feel great this holiday season!

(I know I could never manage to maintain such a stringent diet during the holidays - too much great food everywhere tempting me and too many extra activities to cook at home all the time.)

I was naughty over the Labor Day weekend, and am trying to eat low carb/low calorie this week to get the 3 pounds back off. Sigh.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stevia is really the only sweetener advocated during the HCG diet. I found the powdered Stevia has an aftertaste, but the liquid is much better. Liquid stevia can be found in several fun flavors as well. I really like Vanilla Creme.
In my town, none of the grocery stores currently carry liquid stevia, but the health food market does. Amazon also has liquid stevia in all flavors.
If you don't care for the powdered stevia, give the liquid a try! It's very strong, so start with only a drop or two and add more if needed.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just looked at the calendar this morning and realized that it's only about 7 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving! Wow. The end of the 2011 is just around the corner already.
There's still time to do the HCG diet and be looking and feeling so much better for the holiday season though. You can do the HCG for either 3 weeks or 6 weeks, followed by 3 weeks of a much less restrictive "maintenance" diet and be looking great for the holidays!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
25 Quick & Easy HCG Recipes is one of many HCG diet and cookbooks on Amazon, but thanks to discriminating dieters, it has been climbing through the ranks and for the past couple of weeks has been the second best selling HCG book out there, as best I can tell. Many thanks to all who have purchased it. I certainly think it's the best HCG book on Amazon, certainly in the 99 cents price range!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tomatoes are allowed in the HCG diet, primarily through the allowance for Salsa as a condiment. Yum!

A little tomato history:

Tomatoes are originally from South and Central America. In the early 1500s, Cortez brought seeds to Europe where they were planted as ornamental plants in gardens but not eaten.
It is though that the first varieties brought to Europe were yellow tomatoes because in Spain and Italy they were called pomi d’oro or yellow apples.
Joseph Campell first canned condensed tomato soup in 1897 and by the end of the 19th century, tomatoes were canned more than any other fruit or vegetable. Tomatoes are ideal for canning because they are acidic.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not too late to try the HCG diet before Thanksgiving! The diet can be done for 3 weeks or 6 weeks. Three weeks of HCG diet generally results in about 20 pounds lost. It's not too late to be looking good for the Holidays!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New milestone for this book. It passed 1,000 copies sold yesterday! I'm so glad because the HCG diet is miraculous and good recipes make it much easier to do the diet. I sure hope that's 1,000 people who are dropping 25 pounds or more and feeling healthier going into this holiday season. :)

35 Quick & Easy HCG Recipes is on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005E7Y9NI
or Amazon UK here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005E7Y9NI

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, I'll admit it. I've been very bad this Halloween and gained 2 pounds back. Time to get this book out and put some really light meals into the next week's menu to get things back on track. I'm thinking Garlic Shrimp for dinner tonight. It's still one of my favorite dinners even though I made it a LOT during the HCG diet. Yum.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of the most popular ways to purchase HCG these day is through a local chiropractor. Lots of chiropractors have added HCG to their practices. This is a good thing for all of us HCG dieters. It's a convenient way to get the HCG drops and your chiropractor should have checked to ensure the drops they offer are actually HCG. Some of the drops available online are not. Yikes!

The HCG diet truly is miraculous, but it wouldn't work right if you were taking placebo drops instead of the HCG. It really is best to do this diet under a doctor's supervision because the super-low calorie diet is dramatic.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We've been back on the HCG diet for the New Year, trying to get some more weight off. We just discovered a great new taste and I had to share! If you haven't tried buffalo meat - try it out! People have been telling me that buffalo meat is naturally lean and very tasty, but I felt funny about trying it. I'm such a fool! Buffalo is indeed delicious and it has a better texture than hamburger. It's available at nicer grocery stores and health-food groceries like Whole Foods.
I bought a pound of ground buffalo and mixed in some onion powder, seasoning sealt and garlic and herb seasoning mix. We cooked it as individual burger/patties with 4 ounces per person of chopped onion and portabella mushrooms. Wow! It was one of the best dinners I've had on the HCG diet. And very quick and easy to make!
If you're looking for a new taste on the HCG diet or not - try buffalo. You'll be glad you did!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Super easy and delicious side dish! Pour a can of spinach into a microwave safe bowl (including the juice). Add a tablespoon or two of white vinegar and a few drops of hot pepper sauce (Tobasco). Heat, stir, and enjoy! If you've ever had spinach off a good buffet or in a diner where they have the small jar containing vinegar and a hot pepper to spice your food - this is what you had. Delicious and soooo easy!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After a second round of HCG dieting, we had to update the recipe book to include some delicious new discoveries!

Our new favorite HCG flavor is Fajita Lime! It's wonderful! The recipe includes directions for marinade and dressing for versatility. Fajita Lime Chicken Salad is a winner and so is Fajita Lime Steak.

We also discovered and tweaked a Steakhouse Buffalo Burger that is the most un-diety recipe. It is very filling and satisfying.

While we were expanding the book, we also added several new tips and tricks that make following the HCG protocol easier and included 10 color photos! The price is still only 99 cents.

If you are preparing to try the HCG diet, we wish you the best of luck and super results!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For additional free HCG content, check out Lakehouse Publishing's new website and blog at LakehousePublishing.wordpress.com. We are adding a couple of recipes each week and already have several HCG recipes on the site. Follow the blog to be notified when we post new recipes or other free content.

Today's post isn't HCG, but it is delicious. If you aren't on the HCG diet right now (or after you finish) check out our favorite yellow squash casserole recipe.

This casserole is a delicious use for squash and onions from your spring garden. Follow the blog if you enjoy new recipes. We are currently trying to add a recipe or two each week and plan more great content in coming months!

The unseasonably warm weather here of late has us thinking of gardens and fresh veggies. One of our favorite spring dishes is this casserole made with yellow squash.

If you are planning your spring garden, give yellow squash a chance. It is easy and quick to grow - often one of the first veggies to make contributions to the table. If you pick the squash while they are still small, the plants produce even more and the squash is tender and sweet. It makes a colorful addition to salads and pasta salads, is delicious battered and fried (what isn't?), and this casserole is simple to make and a sure winner on the dinner table.

This recipe is included in Family Holiday Favorites.

Yellow Squash Casserole

3 cups yellow squash, diced

1 onion, diced

2 eggs

1/3 cup oil

1 cup Colby Jack cheese

1 cup biscuit mix

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt

Mix eggs and oil in large bowl then add squash and onion. Next, add cheese and biscuit mix and sprinkle spices on top. Mix together roughly. It makes a somewhat dry mixture.

Pour mixture into a large glass baking dish, like a 13 x 9 inch glass pan. You want the casserole to be fairly thin.

Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes depending on the thickness. It is ready when it is lightly browned on top and bottom.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts