Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Kindle for 2 days and already downloaded 38 books. I keep running into old sci fi books that I remember reading as a kid/teenager. I'm staying up so late reading I always tired during the days. This is VERY sick.

Steve

·
Registered
829 Posts
stevene9 said:
I've had my Kindle for 2 days and already downloaded 38 books. I keep running into old sci fi books that I remember reading as a kid/teenager. I'm staying up so late reading I always tired during the days. This is VERY sick.

Steve
ha ha ha - welcome to the Kindle addiction!

G

·
If they are OLD sci-fi books, they may well be available for free.  Just a hint.  And under no circumstances should you enter jmiked's "Favorite Novels" thread!!!

;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Anniehow said:
Wow...mabey what we need is a new board called Kindleaholics...and we'll specialize in interventions.
lol
Annie, there are several of us who have volunteered to develop a 12-step program for Kindleholics, but so far we have been too busy with our Kindles and on the KindleBoards to make much progress!! ;D

Welcome to our obession!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have my Kindle for one week and haven't read one thing....but have been spending a few hours everyday loading books into it. I loaded in some of my favorites from Amazon and have been trying to find all the free sites, so I can get the books while I can...but yeah, this is sick...I will have to quit the obsession of "GETTING" new books and just start reading the ones I already have in there! Ha!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think I spend more time reading this board and searching for things to put on my Kindle than I have reading it. I've had Scotty for about 3 weeks now and have 18 pages of books- most are free classics and such, lots of samples. I am going on a 7 day cruise in the beginning of December so I have been rationalizing this addiction by thinking I need to be sure I find what I want to read before I go. I know I can probably download from my laptop on the ship but I don't want to pay for the internet access- rather use it for more books! I think I need help!! Maybe the cruise will be a good intervention-I will resist taking my laptop with me- so no boards for a week. I'm getting shaky already!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Over on the hobbies thread, someone posted that she collects scrapbooking supplies but never actually does the scrapbooking! It was funny to read. I am sort of beginning to feel that way with Kindle samples...I have dozens on there of books I'll probably never read, but people mentioned them to me and I downloaded the sample.

I'm a Kindleholic and I collect Kindle samples. LOL

L

·
Registered
780 Posts
I just downloaded all the Anne McCaffrey Pern samples from amazon-and of course got the Dragonflight/Quest book. I am going to $1.25 myself to the poorhouse ;D I tend to get the samples when the book sounds interesting and I'm afraid I won't remember it later or I have downloaded samples of books I have already read (like the Pern books) and think I will want to read again on the Kindle. When I moved to Florida 4 years ago I gave away a lot of my books :'(, too many to ship down here unfortunately. Now at least if I want to get them on the Kindle I at least can say I don't have the dead tree type anymore so there's no real good reason not to get them again

Lynn

·
Registered
377 Posts
stevene9 said:

Steve
Um, er, heh-heh, I, uh, I've downloaded precisely 117 books and 1 copy of The United States' Constitution since Sunday. I've only paid for 6 of them, everything else I got from Baen and manybooks (thanks to a post on this site I learned how to get books delivered directly to my Kindle from manybooks; the ones from Baen I downloaded to my computer). I just can't resist all this old sci-fi, or childrens classics, or... *Yikes*

OMG, I think I'm on a book-bender!

"My name is Alexia and I'm a Kindleholic..."

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.