Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a little over three weeks, March 16th, my store will be hosting the 3rd Annual That Book Place Authors Fair. It is growing by leaps and bounds. Last year we had around 1000 people attend. This year we have no idea what to expect. We have 60+ Local authors, most are from within 3-4 hours drive from us, coming to attend and we do a large Tent Sale with 8-10 Thousand books marked down to 1.00 or less.

Our Guest of Honor this year is James Alexander Thom!

This year we are giving away Goodie Bags to the first 500 attendees. I have stuff coming in from all over and was extremely psyched to get a package this morning from Harper Collins! They even threw in a few Advanced copies to give out as door prizes!

If any of you are interested in sending promo stuff, bookmarks, postcards, or well anything else we would be more then happy to stuff them in bags and give out. It is 500 Bags, so we do need 500 of what ever is sent. Please let other authors and publishing houses know to please. We are welcoming material from everyone. We do need to get it by the end of February or as close to as possible, its going to take forever to stuff the bags as it is.=)

If you can't make the 500 mark and still want to send stuff that works to. We will have a table where the extra stuff is left for people to grab and what ever is left over we will leave on our counter afterwards and hand out.

You can check out who is coming here: http://www.thatbookplace.com/authors-fair/attending-authors-2013/

I do believe at least one person is coming that i know frequents here. I am going to start compiling a list of people to contact for next year also. We already have a lot we have turned away for this year and started a list. So if you are within a few hours drive of Madison, IN you should think about coming for next year and come down this year to visit and meet some other authors! In fact if you are that close and want to schedule a signing on a Saturday throughout the rest of the year let me know too. We would love to have you here!

·
Registered
636 Posts
It looks like a great promo event - I see the date is March 16? So what date do you need the items by? (chances are I'll need to order more since I think I only have about 100 of anything on me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say the first week in March would be about the latest. I dread stuffing all the bags since i am not sure how long it will take.

G

·
It's a little short notice for me to get 500 of anything together before the end of the month!

I could probably get a promotional flyer together, but you probably don't stock any of my titles in print and I don't know if you want a flyer with a bunch of Smashwords links on it (unless you have a Smashwords affiliate account, in which case I could design one using your links so you get the affiliate credit).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We do have an affiliate account with Smashwords but i haven't started the process of selling ebooks for the store yet.

Sorry for the late notice, we just decided to do this about two weeks ago. And i just thought about posting it on here last night. Been busy around here getting ready for it!

G

·
hydrapublications said:
We do have an affiliate account with Smashwords but i haven't started the process of selling ebooks for the store yet.

Sorry for the late notice, we just decided to do this about two weeks ago. And i just thought about posting it on here last night. Been busy around here getting ready for it!
In that case, if you PM me with your affiliate name and the shipping address, I can create the links so that you'll get the credit if someone buys. That I can get done over the weekend and mailed out to you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bards, it has been sent!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet! I just got an email from Harlequin Romance. They are sending us promo stuff to put in the bags!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts