Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, all!  The above link is for Amazon likes.  I need these on Facebook to "promote" pages.  Merry Christmas and thanks to those who liked my page!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The reason for so many required likes is that Facebook can't effectively promote to friends of fans until you have enough fans.

At 2600 fans for my page, I can pay $10 and reach 1000 people. I always wait until a post has reached about half my fans, then promote it to reach their friends, who are a better target market then just going open wide with an ad.'

You'll get there! Another way to get quick fans is to do a RaffleCopter, with fanning you as a way to enter.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
This is a lovely idea, but soliciting likes from folks that aren't going to be interested in, or interact with, your promoted posts means that you'll mostly be wasting money.  What's the point in getting 100 likes from people who don't actually care about your page, and then paying $10 to show them a post they don't care about seeing? Not all likes are created equally, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I would definitely agree with you about email opt ins, and you should never use a RaffleCopter for those. But if you're trying to get those last likes to acheive a number to enable you to start reaching the first couple hundred who came naturally, then this is an easy way to make the last goal. People rarely 'unlike' something on Facebook, and sometimes you just need a few raw numbers to get you to a goal.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No worries, just liked.  Good luck.  Passed that 400 threshold a couple of weeks ago.  It's a useful additional option to have.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I think "likes" from other authors can be very helpful. It shows up on your FB feed, and your readers see the other authors you like, and they go sample the work. I've gotten intertwined with several KB friends' also-boughts because of the number of readers who cross-pollinate.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Hugh Howey said:
I think "likes" from other authors can be very helpful. It shows up on your FB feed, and your readers see the other authors you like, and they go sample the work. I've gotten intertwined with several KB friends' also-boughts because of the number of readers who cross-pollinate.
I'll give ya a buck next time I see you if you like my page....
http://www.facebook.com/AuthorChrisReher

·
Registered
178 Posts
Done, Merry Christmas...oh wait, it is Dec 26 now...Happy New Year!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts