Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are about 60 members from the 4000 mark. Are there plans for anything like what was done at the 3000?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
We should do something to mark the milestone! We're getting about a dozen new people a day these days, so we're probably within 5 days of hitting the big four-oh-oh-oh.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Harvey said:
We should do something to mark the milestone! We're getting about a dozen new people a day these days, so we're probably within 5 days of hitting the big four-oh-oh-oh.
Maybe we should recruit people to join during the DC area meetup on Tuesday. Then we could have cake (or at least ice-cream) for real to celebrate. :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
geoffthomas said:
Oh, good.
We can have sparkler, confetti, margaritas and chocolate cake again!
Hurray.
Great ideas, I thought you would never come up with such good ones again.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
*perk*

Did someone say margaritas?? lol

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
are we there yet?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
geoffthomas said:
Only 6 to go.

Just sayin......
Geoff, I feel I can tell you this since we sat next to each other for 2 hours this afternoon: 4000-3958 is 42

Which is also, of course, the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Geoff, I feel I can tell you this since we sat next to each other for 2 hours this afternoon: 4000-3958 is 42

Which is also, of course, the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.
(hangs head in shame) See I dun dood it agin.

I just looked at the stats: 171666 Posts in 6742 Topics by 3985 Members. Latest Member: legalbs2 with legalbs2 as member 3996 and jumped to the same conclusion I did the last time. Maybe when we get to 5 or 6 thousand, I will get it.
Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
geoffthomas said:

I just looked at the stats: 171666 Posts in 6742 Topics by 3985 Members. Latest Member: legalbs2 with legalbs2 as member 3996 and jumped to the same conclusion I did the last time. Maybe when we get to 5 or 6 thousand, I will get it.
Thanks,
Oh! Well, maybe you were right then. I think the party started last time with member # 3000. I also think there was an explanation for the difference, but I don't remember what it was. . . .

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
geoffthomas said:

Thanks,
Maybe what happened is that there are 3996 members but only 3985 of them have posted anything?

And by now... about 90 minutes later... are we there yet??

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Wait, how come it's telling me there are only 3822 members??

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Only TWO more!!  That will probably happen tonight... an excuse for a party!!

(Well, some of us got an early start on that this afternoon.    ;)  )

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I think we got our 4000th member: mdagel

1 - 20 of 23 Posts