Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The author is Alexander McCall Smith, who also wrote the "Number One Ladies' Detective" series, and lots of other books.

This book is a compilation of stories, apparently, that all take place in a rooming house at the address in the title.

I haven't read the book, so I can't review it. But I imagine that, for the price, it's probably worth a read!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's where I got it. I found a sequel to it under "New and Notable Books" and then started browsing around and came across 44 Scotland Street.

I started reading it, and it's really good! Reminds me a bit of P.G. Wodehouse.

modified as I was getting a link to In Her Name, not 44 Scotland St

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Thanks for the link Khabita. I went ahead and purchased it. Won't be reading just yet, not until I am finished with my current read!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I one-clicked too. It sounds like a fun, easy read & you can't beat the price.

Linda
I note that it is a part of a series, there seem to be at least 3...
2nd is

and 3rd is

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I note that it is a part of a series, there seem to be at least 3...
Went ahead and got the book.

It's a series? So for $1 we get hooked and then spend full price for the next two? That's okay. Us readers get the benefit. If it's a good book, we've discovered a new (to me anyway) author and have two more to look forward to. If it isn't a good book, I've only spent $1 and read a book (never wasted time).

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Went ahead and got the book.

It's a series? So for $1 we get hooked and then spend full price for the next two? That's okay. Us readers get the benefit. If it's a good book, we've discovered a new (to me anyway) author and have two more to look forward to. If it isn't a good book, I've only spent $1 and read a book (never wasted time).
I added the 2 additional books to my wish list. If I like the first one then it will be easy to find the other 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts