Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a freelance professional artist. I focus on environment painting and have 3 years and over 50 clients of experience. I do book covers, book concept art, board game art, video game concept art, or anything else you can think of. My full portfolio is at www.jeffbrowngraphics.com and my email is [email protected]. I have a book covers and faq section on my website as well, please check it out! Please contact me if you have any questions!

I charge $450 for the front cover illustration
$200 extra for a wraparound cover
$200 extra for design & typography

I have some frequently asked questions below

How do I go about commissioning you to do work for my project?

You can send me an email to [email protected] whenever you would like! I would love to hear about your project and what I could do for you. I am always available to help answer any of your questions regarding my work.

I generally ask people who are interested in commissioning me for a brief description of what they would like me to do, the deadline (if there is one), and any other information I might need. Once I agree to take on the project, I ask for a $50 deposit upfront. The rest of the money can be paid upon completion at which point I will send the high resolution files.

What kind of work do you do?

I have experience in a lot of fields of artwork, however right now I am only accepting environment and landscape based pieces. This doesn't mean that there are no characters, but it means that they would be smaller and not the main focus of the piece necessarily. If the piece fits with most of the work you see in my gallery, that means I will be more than happy to do it for you!

As far as what kind of projects I work for, I am more than open to working for new projects and new ideas of working. Many clients have had me work on projects that I would have never thought I could work for!

My most common projects are book covers, video game concept art, indie movie concept art, card art, board game covers, RPG illustrations, and interior book illustrations.

How do you work?

I start with a description, either by a phone call, skype, hangout, etc with my client. After that I make a few basic sketches for the client to choose from and make changes so we are both on the same page. Once we are both happy with the sketch, I will paint it to about 50% completion and will send it to the client for approval. After that I will render it to almost completion and will check if there are any final changes. Once I receive the final payment, I will send all the full resolution files that are needed.

What do you use to create your artwork?

I use an iMac with the latest version of Adobe Photoshop CC and an Intuos4 graphics tablet

How do I pay you?

Payments can be sent via Paypal to [email protected]. I can also do invoices through Paypal upon request.

www.jeffbrowngraphics.com
[email protected]

Edited to shrink image to accommodate those using mobile devices or older monitors. Thanks for understanding. --Betsy

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Gorgeous! Forget book covers ... I want those on my living room walls! :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Those are indeed some sweet pictures....I couldn't afford them on my current budget but I'm bookmarking this anyway in case things ever change!

G

·
Excellent work.

We work with authors sometimes to promote their books. Often they need new covers. I'll contact you if there's a good fit.

You should reconsider not doing characters/people. Most book covers need people.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You do absolutely stunning work!  Just gorgeous.

It's so far out of my price range, though, that it's not even a remote possibility for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
These are absolutely gorgeous! Are they completely Photoshop or do you start with a different medium? They look so painterly!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts