Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to Kindleboards. :)

I was given a Kindle last Christmas which I love! Two weeks ago today I published my book 'Charlie and Pearl' on Amazon Kindle, and it's been getting some great reviews. I've sold 46 books since publication which, I'm not sure if that's any good compared to others, but I'm really happy with it ;D

Link to the book here http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-and-Pearl-ebook/dp/B00B0JOZV0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1359361046&sr=1-1&keywords=charlie+and+pearl

Thank you and I really look forward to getting to know some of you :)

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Congratulations, Tammy! You're off to a great start!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well done Tammy,

My numbers are similar to your own. I did put the book on a free promotion last weekend and got 600 downloads across the UK and US.
The only plus I can see from that is I got some more reviews, which I am told moves the book up on the Amazon Site.
Good luck

Robert

·
Super Moderator
67,481 Posts
Tammy ----------------------

Welcome to KindleBoards, and congratulations on the book! :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
robwhite247 said:
Well done Tammy,

My numbers are similar to your own. I did put the book on a free promotion last weekend and got 600 downloads across the UK and US.
The only plus I can see from that is I got some more reviews, which I am told moves the book up on the Amazon Site.
Good luck

Robert
Thanks for that Rob. I wondered about doing a free promotion and what benefit it had on sales in the long run :)

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Tammy Robinson said:
I wondered about doing a free promotion and what benefit it had on sales in the long run :)
You may be interested in the very long, ongoing thread started here a year ago in the Writers' Cafe section of Kindle Boards titled "I went free with Select and here's my data/experiences." Here's the link: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,98775.0.html. Lots of info there!

Also, since you're a member of KB now :), you can add book(s) to your signature area if you wish. Guidelines and tips for that can be found here, but this might help:

• Click on the Profile link at the top of the page.
  • Next, click on Forum Profile Information (left side of the page).
  • Then, scroll down and you'll see a box where you can enter text labeled Signature. That's where you'll enter the coding to display your book. For the book you mentioned in your initial post, copy the text from the box below into that Signature box. For any future books, this code can be created using the KB "Link-Maker" (link can be found at top and bottom of every page on KB):

Code:
[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B0JOZV0/?tag=kbpst-20][IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VF0bh3GwL._SL160_.jpg[/IMG][/url]
  • Finally, click on the Change Profile button.

This is how it will display in your signature each time you post, and interested buyers can click on the graphic to be taken to your e-book's page at Amazon:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi Tammy,
I just uploaded a new book last week and it also seems to be gradually making its way out the gate. Other authors have been commenting all over the boards and FB that sales slowed down once January began. Probably not the best time of year to launch a new book, but that means things can only improve, right? Best of luck to you!
Mark

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Tammy, well done on the sales and welcome to the Kindle Boards!
I think January is quite a good month to publish, you have things against you, like post-Christmas finances and competing with the sales, but you've avoided the Christmas rush where you're competing with massive titles, and also people will be finishing off their Xmas reads and looking for more!
I'll check out your book now! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great start!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts