Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from Amazon offering up to a 50% discount on a new Kindle if I traded in my old one.

I clicked through the link and drilled down into the value for a Kindle Voyage. My favorite and daily reader since late 2014. Its value on trade in is $5!!!

I was insulted. I use it every day. I'm not about to part with it until it no longer works. I even expect to replace the battery once its capacity becomes to short for all day use.

Amazon!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
fos said:
I received an email from Amazon offering up to a 50% discount on a new Kindle if I traded in my old one.

I clicked through the link and drilled down into the value for a Kindle Voyage. My favorite and daily reader since late 2014. Its value on trade in is $5!!!

I was insulted. I use it every day. I'm not about to part with it until it no longer works. I even expect to replace the battery once its capacity becomes to short for all day use.
The value of the device may be listed as $5 but the discount when you do the trade-in can be a whole lot more, especially if you have your eye on a new Oasis (which I know you don't, but still....)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I hear you! That's just crazy. My Trusty Voyage is worth way more than $5. It's got a perfectly lit screen too. I do have a PW 4 but I always seem to return to my Voyage.

fos said:

Amazon!!!!
:)

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
My voyage is worth more to me than $5, too. BUT .... most people looking to get a new Kindle aren't interested in 5 year old tech. They want the latest. Can't blame the Zon for not giving more for it.

They don't have any available as certified refurbished -- which means, to me, they don't see where there's value in doing a refurbishment for resale. And there aren't even any "used" from other sellers. So, basically, if they buy it back for you, the intention is to dispose of it.

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
Fogeydc said:
The value of the device may be listed as $5 but the discount when you do the trade-in can be a whole lot more, especially if you have your eye on a new Oasis (which I know you don't, but still....)
Yep. Half off a new kindle is a pretty good deal. Plus, they pay for return shipping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was a trade in deal. They solicited me. I have never thought to trade it in.

Between me and my wife, we buy a LOT of Kindle books. You would think our Kindles would wear out.

Go figure.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Up to 50% off, plus whatever they give in trade ($5.00) is a great deal on a new Kindle.

Of course if you are disinterested, delete the email from Amazon and move forward with your Kindle of choice. I have found they last a good long time even with heavy use.

Life is good either way :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts