Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To save others some time who may want to close their Amazon advertising account at some point, I am going to describe my experience so far.

Step One. I went to my account and stopped all campaigns from delivering ads.  Then I tried to pay off the balance, which I thought would then allow me to close the account.

Not possible. The account is set up to bill my credit card automatically, and that cannot be changed online.

Step Two. I email Amazon Ads to ask them to charge my credit card on file, and close the account.

The response was a warning that if I closed the account, I would no longer be able to access the ad record.

Step Three.  I email Amazon Ads to acknowledge the warning, and ask them to proceed with charging my card and closing the account.

The response was a request to remove all of the credit cards stored for payment on the account.

Step Four. I email Amazon Ads to advise that removing even a single credit card from the account was impossible, let alone all of them.

The response was to tell me to archive all of my ad campaigns, which would allow them to bill my card and close the account.  I was to tell them once I had done so.

Step Five. I email Amazon Ads to tell them I had archived all campaigns as instructed.

The response was to advise that they could not bill my card after all.  Instead, I must wait until my card is charged next month, and then email them again.  At that point, they will be able to close the account.

I am pretty sure I am not the first person to close an Amazon Ads account.  But you might think so from my experience.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone else closing an Amazon Ads account.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I recently paid what should be my final Amazon Advertising bill.

Then I got an email from Amazon Advertising that I thought might have been confirmation that my account was closed. 

Next I got the one that follows, so I guess not.

Earlier, we mistakenly sent you an email with the subject line "诚邀您参与亚马逊广告问卷调研". You do not need to take any action, and we apologize for any confusion.

Thank you,
Amazon Advertising

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
A lot of people got that Chinese survey thing (as it turned out), it's not significant to your issue. I got it twice, but only one apology email. :\

1 - 3 of 3 Posts