Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can't believe it! This is my 500th post!

I looked around for a few threads that felt worthy of such an honor because I wanted to share somewhere special. Because all of you have been such a special supportive group. I've learned so many new things here and so many people have helped me learn new things (even about things non-kindle related)

I can't say it's been all good because my WALLET has SUFFERED tremendously!! LOL jk

I love everyone here even the enablers, because secretly we all WANT to be enabled!  Thanks for being here and being a great group of people and I look forward to many more posts with you all, CYA at 1000!!!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Congratulations, koolmnbv! Only 8100 more to go to catch Leslie!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congratulations koolmnbv. 
deb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think im getting close, only half way there, lol

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Congrats! And good posts they have been! Hopefully, I will get there soon.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congrats! You should see of the mods and how many posts they have... haha

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Did you know that Harvey gives out free Kindles to those who reach 30,000 posts? haha  ;)  ;)  ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congatulations Kool.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Congrats kool - and you have not padded your stats :-X every one has been of value  ;)  The next 500 will be easier  ;D

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! I can't believe it's already 500 and I really get amazed when I see other members/mods that are WAY up there. 2000+,5000+ etc. They are my idols!  Kind,When I get to 30,000 I'm going straight to Harvery to collect my free kindle (it'll be a K14 by then) LOL  ;)

Btw, I noticed a few people mentioned padding their stats. What is it, how/why would someone do it?

K thanks again everyone I feel so loved around here, and hope to give love in return to such a great community!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Btw, I noticed a few people mentioned padding their stats. What is it, how/why would someone do it?
"Padding" would be posting even when you have nothing to say just because you want more stars. A person may have a high number of posts, but if one looks closely at all of them, it turns out there's not much of substance, just padding. Quantity rather than Quality I guess.

Never saw the point myself; it's pretty easy to tell the people who are really part of the community and those who just put in their 2¢ worth on every thread just because. And, really, it's not hard to find something relevant to say on the topics that interest you so, why bother to post inanity. Just My Opinion, obviously. . . . . .

<though I suppose I must admit to occasional inanity myself when I'm in a weird mood. . . . :D>

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
During a full moon Ann - or maybe a new moon - or when the wind changes direction - or?

(is this padding  :mad: hope not don't want to do that  :-X )

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Well, yeah. . .or the weather's really nice. . .or the weather's really horrible.  :D  Or I have things to do that I don't want to go do so I'm trolling the boards and responding just 'cause.  (Like now. :) )

A while back a person who wanted to have a higher post count just typed "+1" in a particular thread about 20 times.  Now, THAT is the epitome of post padding!  I'm pretty sure the mods deleted them all.  :D  Really, it was just silly, but it also makes the boards much less useful for the people who are just looking for information.

I think in general, especially in "Let's Talk Kindle" and "Tips, Tricks & Troubleshooting", the idea is to keep threads pretty much on topic; mods will occasionally weed, prune, and/or transplant: split off-topic conversations into a new thread here in NQK so the conversation can continue without diluting the 'information' the thread originally focused on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts