1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pidgeon92 said:
A little ADD, are we?

;D
Just a bit! Some of them I can get through all six words; others my attention starts to wander by the fourth or fifth word. :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Harvey said:
Just a bit! Some of them I can get through all six words; others my attention starts to wander by the fourth or fifth word. :)
Too too funny.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Must take quite a while to get through a book on the Kindle.  ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Martians invade and get the flu.
                                      --H. G. Wells

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hilarious!!!  I like this one best:

Lie detector eyeglasses perfected: Civilization collapses.
4/01/2009
—Richard Powers

B

·
0 Posts
Robots pick up after Mankind dies.
                                        --Isaac Asimov

Aliens?  There's no such thing! Arrrrgggglllhhh!
                                                        --Bacardi Jim

I love vampires!  OW! My neck!
                                      --Bacardi Jim

·
Registered
493 Posts
I
    --Encender Vaquero

(That's the free sample, If you want the whole book, you'll have to purchase it)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
I
--Encender Vaquero

(That's the free sample, If you want the whole book, you'll have to purchase it)
9.99?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I'm shocked! Kevin Smith story's gone!
It was funny while it lasted. :)

Do moderators not usually note when they edit a post? Or did I miss the note somehow? (I'm curious because I rather assumed that making a note when you change someone's post would be the norm.)

B

·
0 Posts
jennyoh said:

Do moderators not usually note when they edit a post? Or did I miss the note somehow? (I'm curious because I rather assumed that making a note when you change someone's post would be the norm.)
If a post is edited by a Mod, you'll see their name in the usual tiny little "Post last modified by_____" note. If it's deleted then there is no notification.

I fully expected it to be deleted anyway. No biggie. A shame I linked to it in the View Askewniverse forum, though.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Encender Vaquero said:
I
--Encender Vaquero

LOL. Love the sample. Interesting choice in selecting the first-person point of view to tell the story. It really draws the reader in, and the sample really leaves you wondering what happens next. :)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jennyoh said:

Yes, when we edit a post we leave a 'modified by' note with a timestamp. On occasions where we delete a post, there's no visible trail unless we add an explanatory post of our own. Sometimes we do that, but not all the time. It is, like everything else in the world of moderation, a judgment call.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts