Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Absolutely. Got one in a rejection once.
Mostly positive rejection note: liked the story, good characters... BUT -> "no one wants to read about a dystopia when they're already in one."

Mike

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Embrace your darkness. Not every story has a happy ending and that is just fine. I am glad to hear someone really liked your book.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it.  It's probably the reader's way of giving helpful feedback.  I read a book recently that I liked, but I seriously considered writing to the author to let her know the ending was really predictable.  Because I did like the book, but I'm not sure I'll read the sequel because of the predictability.  I might give it a try...maybe.  But if I knew she was going to make it less predictable, I definitely would.

·
Registered
196 Posts
healeyb said:
I actually have a book in the early stages (12K words done) that is super-extra-mega dark (92% cacao!), and so I've decided to release two other books, including the action/adventure tale, in tandem with it just to soften the blow...
I write pretty dark too. I'm glad to see that you are using the "Cacao Scale" to measure your darkness.

Mike

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I got the same kind of feedback on one of my books. Too depressing. I gave a message of hope and survival at the end, but the person didn't read far enough to find it. Oh, well.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
healeyb said:
I actually have a book in the early stages (12K words done) that is super-extra-mega dark (92% cacao!), and so I've decided to release two other books, including the action/adventure tale, in tandem with it just to soften the blow...
I understand. Sometimes people just can't handle it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts