Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
My answer would be "never."  You gave it to them.  They can either review it or not, as they like.  Move on and don't worry about it. :)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
healeyb said:
So, I have a question that has no absolute answer:

How long after giving a free book for review do you poke and prod the reader for feedback?

- Never?
- One month?
- Two months?
- Ten years?
- Every day?
Never. There is no obligation with the exchange. There's no point in asking. If they hated the book or were bored, you don't want the review. If they are a pro-reviewer, they have a stack of TBR that means they will never read some of the books on the stack. If you want to pique their interest, write another one. That might remind them of the first.

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
healeyb said:
So, I have a question that has no absolute answer:

How long after giving a free book for review do you poke and prod the reader for feedback?

- Never?
- One month?
- Two months?
- Ten years?
- Every day?
If it's an organized review site, I might check after a month or two just to be sure they received it. Stuff gets lost so easily in cyber space. On the other hand, if it's a lone reviewer and he/she sounded kinda noncommittal about whether they wanted to even read the book, I'd probably just take the lack of a review as a "not interested".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts