Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that there's only so much we can do.  My personal experiments have shown me that some of my biggest "marketing days" made no difference in sales, where days I was off doing other things, my sales were great.  Much as we'd like to believe we have all kinds of control over sales, we don't.  The little things that Amazon does have 100X the impact that our little voices do.

Go, write, and get the next one ready for the booksellers.

--Maria

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm with you.  I'm done marketing.  And, I stopped checking my sales every freakin minute.  Each time I felt the impulse to check, I made myself go to my WIP and write 500 words. . .by then the feeling had passed. 

By all means, write, write, write.  That's what I've decided to do.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Judi Coltman said:
I'm with you. I'm done marketing. And, I stopped checking my sales every freakin minute. Each time I felt the impulse to check, I made myself go to my WIP and write 500 words. . .by then the feeling had passed.

By all means, write, write, write. That's what I've decided to do.
That's a good idea!

I detest marketing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Judi Coltman said:
And, I stopped checking my sales every freakin minute. Each time I felt the impulse to check, I made myself go to my WIP and write 500 words. . .by then the feeling had passed.

By all means, write, write, write. That's what I've decided to do.
I agree with this strategy. A lot. It's really taken the pressure off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts