Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again. The kids are getting ready and starting school. Which means, it is time to start planning the 2018 Back to School Blog Tour. This will be the sixth year of the event. This has been a fun annual event for me, and this will be an extra special event for me since I've finally finished the 4th book in my series and will be releasing it to correspond with this event.

Hope everyone has had a fantastic summer, and you're all ready for your kids to return to school or maybe, you are returning to work yourself. I know you're out there teachers that moonlight as children's authors at night. ;) Me included.

So, with that said, it's amazing to finally be hosting the 6th annual Back to School Blog Tour. I've learned so much from hosting it, and I've done some fine tuning for it this year.

I'm looking for returning and new authors to participate! Would like to feature authors of picture books, middle grade to YA. I do love having a range.

HERE ARE THE DATES: September 10-14, 2018

HOW IT WORKS:
I get 4-5 authors to sign up and I assign a feature day for each one. I interview the author and feature a book of theirs, and put a link to their website to get more info. In the past, I've had authors pair up to do book reviews, but found this was hard for some people. So, I'm just sticking to featuring authors now.

For participating authors, if you'd like to write up a post having to do with behind the scenes for your book or anything on writing for your feature day, that would be great for people to drop by and read after looking over your interview on my blog. On your featured day of the tour, you can just post on your blog that you have been interviewed and your book is featured if you want and link to my blog. It's really up to you. ;-)

I'm having it at the more "old school" time to start school since I know teachers and kids are super focused in the whirlwind that happens beginning of the year in August. But, by mid Sept, teachers and parents will have more time to focus on new books for the new year.

****I'm debating on whether to do a rafflecopter giveaway again. I'm low on funds now, and I can leave that up to individual authors joining. Or if people are enthusiastic about it, I can do a rafflecopter. I've done a $25 Amazon Card in the past, but that might be where I'll need a $5 fee from each author to contribute. Or we can give away books too. I do want to give away my new book this time, so that seems more plausible this year. We can talk/discuss on this thread what participating authors would be interested in doing. And of course, any book discounting you would like to do would be welcomed! We could even do a special Smashwords coupon or KU giveaway instead. I've given away the first in the series before, with discounts on the other books in my series. Please let me know what you think in the comments.

That gives us a month to get things all going, and teachers will be tuned into your novels or could even use it as a resource in their classroom. So, please post on this thread and/or PM me if you'd like to participate and what your ideas would be for your site on your featured day. I'm looking to go with at least 4-5 children's authors and a max of 10 children's authors.

And for all those teachers out there, have a fantastic BACK TO SCHOOL! A big thank you for all that you do this incredible job of inspiring and teaching children.

So, here's to a new school year and for giving that support to teachers and students, fostering a love for reading and writing, and for helping others find out about some fantastic Indie Children's books!

Links to check out past Back to School Blog Tour features:
Blog Tour Daily Post Example:
Day 3 example 2017:
https://crystalkeeper.wordpress.com/2017/09/13/back-to-school-blog-tour-2017-day-3-featured-author-teddy-omalley/

Back to School 2018 Blog Tour Page Link:
https://crystalkeeper.wordpress.com/back-to-school-mg-blog-tour/

-Tiffany :D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just giving this a bump. Maybe some people are back from the weekend when I first posted it. -Tiff

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I'd like to participate. I already have a set of "the story behind the story" essays written, and I'll gladly send you one or more of them to use as you see fit.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm interested in participating. I only have two middle-grade (age 12-14) books so far, but they both deal with coming of age issues along with the monsters and magic.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
beccaprice said:
I'd like to participate. I already have a set of "the story behind the story" essays written, and I'll gladly send you one or more of them to use as you see fit.
Happy to have you back Becca. Love. Your. Books. I've got you down as participating, and any of your behind the story essays sounds great.

Would you be interested in having one giveaway, or more of doing your own and I would list all of the giveaways going on. If I remember right, you have rafflecopter?
If people don't have rafflecopter, I can include their giveaway in mine. OH, and I'm leaning towards giving away books this year. If we did a gift card, I'd have to get a fee from people for it. ;-) -Tiff

PS: Oh, and which book would you like to promote?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
melodybremen said:
I'd love to participate! My latest release is the kind of novel that can be used as a classroom resource, so I'd love to get it in front of teachers.
Excellent. I've got you on the list. Which is the new book you would like to promote? Is it Room 42? -Tiff

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
skylarker1 said:
I'm interested in participating. I only have two middle-grade (age 12-14) books so far, but they both deal with coming of age issues along with the monsters and magic.
Hey, I've only got 4 books now. I just put my new 4th book on preorder and ordered the proof. So, lets get the first book in front of people's eyes.
I've got you on the list. What is the title of the book you'd like to promote?-Tiff

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW! We're doing great this year for sign-ups. I've got 5 authors now, and may have to double up on days if needed. I'm working on the promo banner right now, and assigning feature days. IF you are still interested, let me know. I've had 8-10 authors before, with two authors featured a day. If we need to, we'll double up on days, featuring two authors a day.

Plus for participating authors, think about whether you'd like to do a discount or coupon for your book. I'd like to make a list of participating authors that will have discounts on their books that week. For example, the first in my series will be $0.99 on kindle and other retailers. ;-)

I think I might pass on a rafflecopter giveaway this year, sticking with the discounts instead. I think that might be the best way to head this year. But let me know. IF people are feeling they'd like to post a rafflecopter giveaway link, we can always try giving away our books. Thing is, I think the discounts work better for the individual authors unless you set up your own rafflecopter for your books. ;-) So, it's possible if an author would like to set up their own rafflecopter giveaway, I'll include it with the links for discounts. It would be cool to have a lot of giveaways. ;-)

Anyway, there is still time to sort. Here is the official participating authors list so far:

Participating Authors:

1) Becca Price
2) Melody Bremen
3) Naomi Snow
4) Patrice Shavone Brown
5) Lenora Rodriquez

For more sign ups, we'll be doubling up. Let me know in the thread if you are interested in joining or have questions.
-Tiff

·
Registered
264 Posts
TiffanyTurner said:
Hey, I've only got 4 books now. I just put my new 4th book on preorder and ordered the proof. So, lets get the first book in front of people's eyes.
I've got you on the list. What is the title of the book you'd like to promote?-Tiff
I'm debating between the first book in the series and the second, which I think might have broader appeal. The first
is 'The Winter Knife' and 2nd is 'One of Me is Missing.' (Links in my sig)

PS: I'm for giving away copies of the books.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
skylarker1 said:
I'm debating between the first book in the series and the second, which I think might have broader appeal. The first
is 'The Winter Knife' and 2nd is 'One of Me is Missing.' (Links in my sig)

PS: I'm for giving away copies of the books.
Would you like to do your own rafflecopter for your giveaways?
Two books would be the max listed. I'm starting to get more sign-ups, and will have to double up with authors on some days. That's good news though. -Tiff

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
I'd be interested in participating :). My children's books all have an educational slant and some have been used as class readers. 

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jan Hurst-Nicholson said:
I'd be interested in participating :). My children's books all have an educational slant and some have been used as class readers.
Sure! Welcome aboard! I'm starting to double up authors now, and I've just a few slots left. So, you got one! ;-) I'll be asking for people's emails soon so I can send out the info, questions for the short interviews, and links for author giveaways(for those that use rafflecopter). So, most likely beginning of next week, I'll be filled with sign ups and start getting the info out to everyone. Thanks for joining up!

Plus, which book would you like to promote? I'm allowing 1-2 books per author since we're doubling up now. I can't mention an authors whole catalog, but I can mention 1-2 featured books that will draw in new readers. First in a series and new releases are good to feature. ;-)
-Tiff

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JUST FYI: I've got two slots left! SO, last call for the Back to School Blog Tour! Last Call! Closing at the end of the weekend.
-Tiff

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
TiffanyTurner said:
Sure! Welcome aboard! I'm starting to double up authors now, and I've just a few slots left. So, you got one! ;-) I'll be asking for people's emails soon so I can send out the info, questions for the short interviews, and links for author giveaways(for those that use rafflecopter). So, most likely beginning of next week, I'll be filled with sign ups and start getting the info out to everyone. Thanks for joining up!

Plus, which book would you like to promote? I'm allowing 1-2 books per author since we're doubling up now. I can't mention an authors whole catalog, but I can mention 1-2 featured books that will draw in new readers. First in a series and new releases are good to feature. ;-)
-Tiff
Thanks for including me. :-*

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hi - I'm interested.  Was wavering a bit as I'm so busy with my other books, but Hal Junior deserves some attention ;-)

I have a series of three middle-grade books, comedy science fiction, about 190 pages each with loads of silly illustrations.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Simon Haynes said:
Hi - I'm interested. Was wavering a bit as I'm so busy with my other books, but Hal Junior deserves some attention ;-)

I have a series of three middle-grade books, comedy science fiction, about 190 pages each with loads of silly illustrations.
And you are my last slot! So, congratulations. You made it in as the last author. I'm doubling up on authors, so 1-2 books is the limit. I'd suggest going with the first of your middle grade book to promote and it will funnel kids into the rest of your series. Loved seeing this as a teacher. Any reading is good reading. ;-)
I usually promote the first book in my series unless there is a new book. If you have a new release, go with that.

So, with that, STOP! Slots are all filled! Thank you everyone for signing up and asking questions. I got double the amount than last year. It's GREAT! There will be some doubling up of authors for the days, but I think that will still be cool. Plus, I'll be sending out info to all the participating authors. Plus, a PM to get your email.
It helps when sending out info.

For now, think about if you want to do a giveaway (You can make up your own rafflecopter and I'll list it) or if you'll put your featured book on discount. Like for example: I have a new release in my series. So, I'm putting my first book at $0.99 and listing my new release, the last in the series, because most people buy the first book or all three. Yup. When I'm at festivals and fairs, people will buy the first book or all three. People love a good series for their kids. And they get to meet me, the author too. (Yup, this year a little girl hugged The Lost Secret of Fairies when her Dad bought it for her at a Scottish game. I think it made my year.)

Anyway, I'll be sending PMs for emails this week, and gathering the giveaway and discount information. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here are the official participating authors:

Participating Authors:

1) Becca Price
2) Melody Bremen
3) Laramie Sasseville
4) Patrice Shavone Brown
5) Lenora Rodriquez
6) Sherry Soule
7) Jan Hurst-Nicholson
8) Jacquelyn Simone
9) Simon Haynes
10) Margit Elland Schmitt

Thanks to everyone that has signed up. This is going to be a GREAT BLOG TOUR promotion.

-Tiff

·
Registered
264 Posts
TiffanyTurner said:
Would you like to do your own rafflecopter for your giveaways?
Two books would be the max listed. I'm starting to get more sign-ups, and will have to double up with authors on some days. That's good news though. -Tiff
I've never done a rafflecopter and this isn't a good time for me to figure out something new. I'd just as soon join something already in the works. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts