Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,548 Posts
You know, I am fond of random books. Almost all the pleasure reading I do now is from the used books my mum passes on to me in her care parcels. I had no choice in the selection, they just arrive. The only selection I do by blurb/cover is which ones I read first, but I read all of them eventually. It takes a lot of pressure off. It's fun to just take a bunch and give them a whirl.

Of course, the genres aren't terribly random, since my mum prefers true crime, murder/suspense mysteries, thrillers and all forms of romance, but I don't have to labour over each title. This is the joy of hand-me-down book communities, I think.

· Registered
1,548 Posts
Every genre is laughable to someone, I guess. *shrugs*

ETA: I did tell Doug at the time he purchased the book that I didn't expect him to do so, as romance, while enjoyed by those who like it, is never a good thing to force on people, since many people do find it ridiculous. I thank him for stepping up to that plate, but perhaps he shouldn't have admitted it. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.