Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,906 Posts
You made one mistake.  When reading a romance and girding your loins, you are also supposed to bare your chest.  Yes, I'm afraid this is necessary; I know this because I have studied the covers for this genre and apparently NO MAN may ever wear a shirt.  ;D  If he dares try, it always seems to be half ripped off and is certainly NEVER buttoned.

If the story takes place in medieval times you'll want either a dagger or a sword at LEAST nearby, but you can probably hold onto it and read and you'll still be okay. 

· Registered
4,906 Posts
anne_holly said:
Every genre is laughable to someone, I guess. *shrugs*

ETA: I did tell Doug at the time he purchased the book that I didn't expect him to do so, as romance, while enjoyed by those who like it, is never a good thing to force on people, since many people do find it ridiculous. I thank him for stepping up to that plate, but perhaps he shouldn't have admitted it. ;)
My comment was directed at covers, not the genre. ;D I just happened to have recently written a cover article (it was actually about Urban Fantasy covers, not romance) and love to pick on covers in general. I read romance as well as just about every other genre. And I suppose in every genre there are cliches and things to laugh about -- although I was really just teasing overall about his preparation to read a romance.

· Registered
4,906 Posts
D.A. Boulter said:
[Doug reads comments, checks out Romance book, runs fingers through slicked-back hair, shrugs and bares 'manly' chest. Looks down, sighs and sucks in gut.]
Ha-ha!!!!! There you go! NOW you have it right!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.