Kindle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
956 Posts
D.A. Boulter said:
Folland does a remarkable job of keeping his readers sympathetic to his protagonist and living in his skin. Harry's journey and the book's ending satisfied entirely. I'm shocked that a book with this calibre of writing has such a small following. As I type this, its ranking lies in the neighbourhood of 343,000, meaning that it's likely that no-one has purchased it since I did.
I just 1-clicked this based on your review here... the ranking is more around 94,000 now (unless it's different for you in CA??). Looks like you helped! ;)

· Registered
21,769 Posts
DA how good of you to do this.
I would state that I have very eclectic reading taste and do a cross-genre read often.  One of my delights is to select "free" books and then wade through them.  Some are dissappointing, but I have discovered Robin Hobbs and China Mieville this way.  Being mostly a SciFi/Fantasy/Historical Novel reader by preference, I would point out that I read and enjoyed The Sari Shop Widow that I had picked up on a whim.

Oh, yes and I would recommend DA's books to one and all.  I am a fan.

· Registered
282 Posts
D.A. Boulter said:
Well, thanks to all who have commented or simply read in this thread.

I've just started book 8, Martin Stanley's The Gamblers and it looks like I'm in for another good read, though at this point it is looking like a train-wreck for the first character I've met. So, it might be an uncomfortable ride on my part, for I hate watching people--even fictional characters--on the road to self-destruction--but the writing is very good.
Thank you for taking the time out to read the book you so generously bought to kill off my BBOS :)

I'm glad you're liking the writing thus far. Alas, being a noir writer I tend to deal in characters who might be considered as 'train-wrecks' personality wise. Still, I hope you get something out of the process!

Martin

· Registered
27,641 Posts
D.A. Boulter said:
Perhaps my good experience has as its foundation that authors who are members of KB are, by that very fact, more professional than the majority self-published authors. Put another way: Perhaps most of the authors of the putative 'mountain of dreck' would not bestir themselves to find a place such as KB.
Well said, Doug. I think you hit the nail on the head. There are always threads to critique covers and blurbs and we use each other as beta readers. Maybe Amazon should set up a separate store for Kindelboards authors. :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.