Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I'm confusing myself!
I want to price my book within the 70% royalty option in both the US and the UK. Can someone double confirm the thresholds for me please, all the added on VAT and delivery costs are blowing my tired brain.
I'd like the prices to show as $3.99 in the US and £2.99 in the UK. They would be within the 70% thresholds, wouldn't they?
What would I list as my price in order to account for the delivery costs?
You'd think I'd never done this stuff before. I certainly feel like it tonight.  :(

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Anything above $2.99 qualifies for 70% in the US store. I try to keep my royalty amount the same across all denominations. At least close. When you enter your price on any countries store, it'll tell you what your royalty is at that price. For instance, Fallen Out is $2.99 and my royalty is $2.05 per book. I have an app on my phone that gives current conversion rates. So I set the price in other countries based on an equal royalty in that countries currency. Why should any countries added tax come out of my pocket? I don't live there, didn't vote for their legislators, nor their taxes. Let those that did pay the extra tax. I update a book's price as soon as possible after a promo, so that I don't inadvertently block my ability to promote it later, due to a recent price change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts