Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first 3-star review came in today... for The Killer & She. Now, sure, I should be upset because all my reviews have been 5-stars for both my books... but this review was the most honest review I've read yet and all the good in the review is exactly why I wrote The Killer & She... and even the bad in the review is part of the Poetry StoryTelling Series.

My wife was so afraid to tell me she found the review but I can't smiling... a bad honest review to me is much better than a lying good review, no? :)

-jb 8)

http://www.amazon.com/Killer-She-Poetry-StoryTelling-ebook/product-reviews/B004YR0WH6/ref=sr_1_4_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&qid=1307931861&sr=8-4

·
Registered
513 Posts
You know, I totally get where you're coming from. I want to know what people really think!

Honestly, too, that review lets me know that this is right up my alley if I want something to read aloud for a fun scare. It's basically just honing in on your niche reader. Savor it!

Also, congrats!

·
Registered
91 Posts
You know, me and friend was discussing 5, 4, and 3 star reviews just the other day.  I've know some people become really upset with a 3 star review and honestly, I have a hard time understanding why.  Not every one is going to give you or me  a 5 star review and alot of those 3 stars are really awesome in themselves. I believe in today's society it's almost a norm to expect high marks in everything as a way to prove success.  To me, writing, completing and getting your novel out to the public is a major, major success.  Congrats on yours review!!  It's wonderful to read one that is honest and sincere.

·
Registered
513 Posts
As a reader, I don't hold 3 stars against anyone  ;).  I love watching action movies and romantic comedies on Netflix, and if they're anywhere above a 2 star, I'm all about it.

A 3 star is a solid review! A 1 or a 2, though, I'll definitely scrutinize.  3 star is all good.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the discussion here... I don't doubt any of my 5-star reviews but there was just something about that 3-star one, well, it was exactly what the poetry book is for... "artificial rhymes" <---- yup, hence the Dr. Seuss reference when I say it's Dr. Seuss meets Stephen King.  The first line of the review is that my poetry project is very original.  And the last part is that the read won't recommend it "unless" you enjoy this type of poetry... YES!  That's reason why I wrote the book!

I feel I left this reader torn... he/she read it and somewhere did enjoy it... now my hope is to see if they return for the next poetry story - haha!

-jb 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts