Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my publisher called me to alert me to a brand new 1-Star review I earned on one of my novels (no big deal, you take the bad with the good...)...Not only was the reviewer after my jugular both as an author and for the novel in question, but he then proceeded to urge readers to ignore my books and instead choose a 5-star book like his new one. He then added a link to his book on Amazon. But wait, it gets better! There was one 5-star review posted for his book. And the review was written by himself!!! I guess what it comes down to is Amazon has to figure out a way to deal with what I call "Kamikaze" reviews and reviewers who are bent on placing IEDs in the path of books that are selling...But then, maybe there is nothing that can be done...Thoughts????
Vin

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
That's horrible. Sorry to hear it. Has the review been removed? I don't see any 1-stars on your book (I'm guessing you already reported it and Amazon deleted it).

As far as what can be done, if reviews are bad enough, and it sounds like this one was, then the reviews can be reported to Amazon.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This one was for The Innocent which climbed to no. 3 in the Top Ten when it was priced at $.99 (It's now around 190 at $3.99)...It got a few 1-stars, some really nasty ones, but something like 26 5 stars and 12 4 stars, a couple of 3s, etc....StoneGate Ink has reported the recent review I'm talking about as of last evening....crazy stuff...! :)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
MosesSiregarIII said:
That's horrible. Sorry to hear it. Has the review been removed? I don't see any 1-stars on your book (I'm guessing you already reported it and Amazon deleted it).

As far as what can be done, if reviews are bad enough, and it sounds like this one was, then the reviews can be reported to Amazon.
I'm reporting it as it's against Amazon's TOS, not to mention being downright rude. :mad:

7,412 Posts
I just read the review. Funny stuff. There's two things to do here:

One: report the review to Amazon, because it is pretty clearly against their TOC.

Two: take heart that his "superior" book is languishing at the 88k mark in the Amazon store, while yours is clearly...not.

;)

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Folks,

Vincent has gotten good advice and seems to be working on the issue.  Anything more than that falls under the WHOA clause...What Happens On Amazon Stays on Amazon.  We don't form lynch mobs here...

I'll likely do some slight editing, have to re-read the thread.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
It looks like someone retaliated against the reviewer two days after you got your bad review, Vincent. I wonder if it was a friend of yours who thought he was doing you a favor.

WHOA clause invoked. What happens on Amazom stays on Amazon... Link to reviewer removed.

G

·
VincentZandri said:
Yesterday my publisher called me to alert me to a brand new 1-Star review I earned on one of my novels (no big deal, you take the bad with the good...)...
I'm just curious why your publisher is bothering you with this instead of handling it himself. :p ??? This is clearly a violation of Amazon's TOC, and the publisher should have communicated with Amazon himself to have the fake review removed. I have, unfortunately, had to do this myself for some of our books. I try to keep these issues AWAY from my authors specifically so they aren't tempted to retailate or publicly complain (and therefore accidentally encourage others to retaliate.)

Contrary to popular opinion, I do prefer to handle things quietly. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.