Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just released my latest book, The Tangled Web We Weave.

The quest to find love never dies. It is inherent in all of us: man and woman, rich and poor, black and white, and yes, single and married. The stories in this book are about real people and their quest to find true love and the struggle to retain that love. Like many people searching for love, these people are alone and seeking the warmth of a loving relationship, but one thing separates these people from many others. These people are married.

This book is about the ultimate human drama - an extra-marital affair of the heart. These are stories of real people from across the country who for one reason or another, have sought companionship outside their marriage at some point. They talk about the joys, the sorrows, the ecstasy and the stress of juggling a double life and why they are willing to risk so much to be with that one forbidden person. They talk about how the clock is always looming when they are together which is why every minute shared is treasured, every bout of laughter enjoyed, every kiss savored, every touch relished. You may like or dislike these people; you may empathize or identify with them. One thing is for certain though; you will have an opinion about them because these are stories that concern the heart.

Whether you are single or married, you will find things in this book that will remain with you, because everyone who reads this book has one thing in common. We all desire to find someone.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Tangled-Web-Weave-ebook/dp/B009QQHZAM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357972163&sr=8-2&keywords=the+tangled+web+we+weave

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Ryan,

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard welcome that we place in all book threads. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread: Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
1 Posts
I started reading your book last night.  Wow!  I know a few of the stories are from your own experience but where did acquire all of the other stories for the book.  How did you find these people to interview? 

I too am in a neglected marriage and I find myself identifying with some of the ladies in this book.  I have thought about straying from my husband to acquire some sense of romance and self worth from another man for some time now but have never pulled the trigger.  I can't wait to read the rest of the stories in here. 

Thanks.

C

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks C, sorry to hear about your neglected marriage.  The book idea started for me when one of my friends had an incredible extramarital experience  (the one involving the smuggler lady and the FBI).  It made me start wondering how many people are having affairs and what type of drama they have encountered.

After my friend, I started with my own circle of friends and acquaintances, looking for people who could contribute to the book.  I then began looking for people on various dating and social media sites who had compelling stories.  Everyone in the book was extensively interviewed.  Many of the people I interviewed told me that contributing to the book ended up being great therapy for them as some of them had repressed these stories and had never shared them with anyone.  Some of the stories like the one for Gus really got to me. 

Anyway, as you know, the contributors for the book is evenly split between men and women.  It was interesting that the women were much more eager to contribute to the book than the men.  Most of the women identified with the purpose of the book where I really had to prod the men more to get to the root of the story.  Ironically though, some readers have commented that the stories over all from the men are more interesting. 

Anyway, it was a labor of love.  I still keep in regular contact with some of the people interviewed in the book and consider them as friends.

Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.