Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life. Love shouldn't be one of them."

- from the movie, Dream for an Insomniac

This book is about the lengths married people will endure to find mad, passionate, extraordinary love because they no longer have it in their marriage. The book is a collection of stories told by people from across the country about affairs and extramarital relationships they are currently or formerly involved in. An extramarital relationship is the ultimate human drama and the stories in this book will emotionally impact you in some way for sure. I am the author of the book and I interviewed everyone in the book myself.

The book is called, The Tangled Web We Weave, by Ryan Bradley.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Tangled-Web-Weave-ebook/dp/B009QQHZAM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359749177&sr=8-2&keywords=the+tangled+web+we+weave

This book is about the ultimate human drama - an extramarital affair of the heart. These are stories of real people from across the country who for one reason or another, have sought companionship outside their marriage at some point. They talk about the joys, the sorrows, the ecstasy and the stress of juggling a double life and why they are willing to risk so much to be with that one forbidden person. They talk about how the clock is always looming when they are together which is why every minute shared is treasured, every bout of laughter enjoyed, every kiss savored, every touch relished. You may like or dislike these people; you may empathize or identify with them. One thing is for certain though; you will have an opinion about them because these are stories that concern the heart.

Whether you are single or married, you will find things in this book that will remain with you, because everyone who reads this book has one thing in common. We all desire to find someone.
Thanks.

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
67,453 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, and congratulations on the book! :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a married woman who has considered an affair to escape my reality in a lifeless marriage, I am definitely going to check this book out.  I hope I am able to relate to some of the people outlined in the book.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read your book, The Tangled Web We Weave, and it was so much more than I thought it would be.  I loved the fact that you had just as many stories from women who have had an affair as you did men, but I have to admit that overall, I thought the men had the more interesting stories.  I did identify with some of the women in the book.  Rather than just focus on the thrills and the sex, you really got into the minds of these people and the stress and drama they go through in order to find the mad, passionate, extraordinary love you mentioned.  I could appreciate your own affair although I wonder if you are indeed as romantic as your stories.  If you are, then your girlfriend has it wonderful.  LOL

Anyway, loved the book.  I highly recommend this to anyone who has or is considering an affair, as well as those who pass judgement on those who have.  This book shows that as with anything in life, things are much more complicated than they seem.  Great job Ryan.

C

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just finished your book.  I can relate to some of these people so well.  I really loved how you shared the story of you and Rachael.  You two obviously have something very special.  Thanks for sharing. 

I loved the interview with Cynthia.  It was interesting in how she is so determined to stay with her husband and retain the honor of her family, yet is enthralled by her lover.  She wants it both ways.  I thought only men wanted that but it was refreshing to hear her point of view. 

I'm not a real emotional person, but OMG I felt so bad for Gus.  8 years he waited for her and he still hasn't gotten over it.  When he stops telling you his story and says he needed a drink, I could feel his pain.  You captured his sense of loss and the love that could have been so well.  Wish I could take him out for a drink myself.

As is typical of the human experience, some of your stories end in jubilation, some in heart break and some in limbo and uncertainty.  Tis life I guess. 

Will there be a followup to these people in a future book.  I so want to read the letter for Justing.  Nice tease at the end.

Charlie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for reading the book Charlie.  I'm sure everyone can relate to someone in the book.  Cynthia was the first person I interviewed for the book.  I met her online but she lived in my area and when I told about the about the concept of the book she readily agreed to be interviewed.  Last time I spoke with her, she had reunited with her lover who was no longer taking her for granted and she was very happy.

Gus was an extremely difficult interview.  He spent 8 years waiting for the love of his life to leave her husband and spent about a quarter of a million dollars on her.  I would be emotionally messed up too if I were him.

As far as Justin's letter, even I haven't read it yet.  He has agreed to let me read it one day.

I am still amazed at the openness that these people gave me and the willingness they were willing to share their most intimate details about their affairs.  They all had wonderful tales to tell.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just want to thank you the readers for making my book a great success so far.  To all of those people who have been involved in an affair, either physically, emotionally, or virtually, I am glad to hear from many of you that I was able to capture the drama, emotions, elation, heart ache, stress and obstacles in these types of relationships.  To those of you who have haven't but yet identified with some of the people in the book, again, thank you. 

Interviewing the people I feature in this book changed my life somewhat.  I am amazed the lengths that people will go to and what they will endure to find an escape from their realities and find true romance. 

Due to the success of my first book, I am already working on a second book, although a different subject matter. 

Happy Reading

Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts