Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bleekness said:
;D I agree. There's a lesson here, for any author thinking of starting a series. I'm about to start one now, and I can assure you, I sure as hell ain't pissing off the readers by delaying the release. Bad Karma,

Having said that, I'll be one of the masses plopping down the $20 or so to get my copy :-X (sigh). d*mn my addiction.
I want it too out of principle. It's been so long however, I'm not so sure I'm that interested anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mathewferguson said:
I'm actually quite sad about this series. I think it's going to go the way of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time.
I have huge expectations for DANCE WITH DRAGONS. And please, please, please let the Wheel of Time thing not be the case for Martin.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Bob Mayer said:
Why does he seem to have two of every title on the bestseller list? Just asking since he's the only person ahead of me on UK science fiction list and on US list he's got two of each book.
He's been promising a fifth book for something like five years. That wouldn't be so bad by itself but the circumstances are kind of strange. He said he basically had it already written, but the one book was too long and then he decided to break it in two and the other one would be out soon. Then five years went by.

Plus the first book just started as a mini-series on HBO. Both of those events at the same time have caused the resurgence in his sales.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts