Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought for sure I had asked this recently, but looking over my own posts, I couldn't find it.

So here goes.

I already have an author page on Facebook.

But I notice a lot of authors also create pages for individual books.

Is this something that works well?

Does it work better for series novels (like my EMBER series)? Or can it also work well for a standalone novel (like MOST LIKELY)?

What are other people's experiences? Any advice?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Nothing wrong with pages... only that if you're updating them yourself, it can get tedious.  But if you're setting up a page for a series, it could be well worth it.

-jb 8)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So one for vote "maybe for a series" is how I interpret that. Correct?

G

·
I'd just have one for all your books. No need to divide potential readers into little groups and thereby not reach some of them when you're only talking about one book.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
foreverjuly said:
I'd just have one for all your books. No need to divide potential readers into little groups and thereby not reach some of them when you're only talking about one book.
A good point! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree that you don't want to divide up your "fans." This way you can ensure they get updates about whatever you have coming up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Steven R. Drennon said:
I think it would be better to just have an author page and use it to tell your fans abaout any books you have written or are writing.
I didn't even know author pages existed when I created my fan page. It was specifically for my book.

Now I have a couple hundred fans there, so that's where I'll tell people about any additional books I write.
;D

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a fan page for my series, "The Dreads Chronicles". One thing I've done is to have a page that contains a sample of my book, but a person has to like my page before they can see the sample. I went from 10 to 55 fans from doing this in just a couple of days. It still isn't enough though. It looks like in order to have a fan page that goes viral, you'll have to have thousands of fans to begin with. I'm currently looking at other methods of promotion, but it looks like some cash will be required, which I don't have (lol).

I agree it's better to have a catch all page rather than a page for each book/series, unless one of them gets really popular, or more popular than your other books/series. Then it would make sense to make an individual page for them.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I do the same as Debora. I created my Amanda Brice profile (as opposed to my real persona's profile) a few years ago, before author fan pages were an option. It was also before I had anything published...I was just getting the networking started in case I ever needed it.

I see no reason at the moment to switch to an author page. I'm perfectly happy connecting on a "friend" level.

I also agree with those who pointed out that creating separate book pages segments your audience. Do you want people to just like your one book, or are you attempting to create a fan who will read all your work? If the latter, then promote your brand, not your book.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts