Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a free book today so I was surfing around to see if anyone posted it as well as 'where else' I could post, and found this article from Michael Gallagher at Free Books and Tips. His site is one of the best to get picked up by, and I appreciate that he took the time to tell us how he picks which books to feature. If you are in Select and sometimes use freebie days, you can learn something from it.

Excerpt: "That being said, I started developing a "Top Something" list of things to avoid promoting because either (a) similar promotions tell me it won't be that successful because few people click on it - despite a book being free, (b) my blog readers tell me what they didn't like about a certain thing or feature, or the somewhat reliable, but not purely empirical evidence, gauge of (c) my gut tells me not to do it."

http://www.fkbooksandtips.com/2013/01/17/how-i-choose-the-books-a-post-for-authors/

[Mods, sorry if this has already been posted. I looked and didn't see it. So just merge if it has!]

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Thanks for sharing this, Kay! His advice is simple and common sense really. (But obviously it's a big miss on the author's part if he's rejecting 2/3 of his daily submissions just for that one thing.)

I have a document that I maintain called "Blurbs". All of my book descriptions are in it, and probably once a quarter I go through each one and tweak, revise, and update them to (hopefully) make them better. That time in between really helps me see each one from a fresh perspective.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am glad y'all are enjoying that post...I have two more that will be posted each of the next two Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Central time.  For the one on the 31st, I am using two active KB participants (Toni Dwiggins and Monique Martin) as examples of just because I say something doesn't mean it is necessarily true as they prove me wrong every single time.

Toni, that's all of the hint I will give!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts