Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been working on, and testing, a chat feature for KindleBoards, and it's now ready for you all to use.

You can get to it through the 'Chat' link in our menus at the top of any page.

Some notes:

• You have to be logged in to KindleBoards in order to chat.
  • We have three chat rooms set up now: the Lobby, Book Klubs, and Tech Support. Most people will probably hang out in the Lobby, but the other rooms are open and will be used for specific meet-ups and events.
  • You can create your own temporary chat rooms!
  • Our rules of Forum Decorum apply. We have updated those rules to cover chat room use.

Enjoy! We look forward to chatting with you!

- the Mod Team

·
Registered
261 Posts
This is exciting............now I need to learn how to use it and just when will I find the time to chat AND post?  Of course I still have some time now because I'm a Kindlewaiter.  Once the baby come (March so they tell me) it will be harder!

Thank you so much for all the options.  This place rocks!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks so much, Harvey!  Just when I think KindleBoards can't get any better... you prove me wrong.  My middle son's co-worker just received a new Kindle and he was able to tell her more about the Kindle than she knew about it herself.  She asked him how he knew so much about the Kindle since he doesn't own one and he told her, "I've been listening to my mom talk "Kindle" for almost a year now.  He had me email her some basics and the first thing I told her was how to get to KindleBoards...... second piece of advice was to buy Leslie's FAQ book.  Now, she can even chat if she so chooses.  I've never participated in a chat before so I can see I'll need to learn.  KindleBoards is the VERY BEST!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Harvey said:
We've been working on, and testing, a chat feature for KindleBoards, and it's now ready for you all to use.

You can get to it through the 'Chat' link in our menus at the top of any page.

Some notes:

• You have to be logged in to KindleBoards in order to chat.
  • We have three chat rooms set up now: the Lobby, Book Klubs, and Tech Support. Most people will probably hang out in the Lobby, but the other rooms are open and will be used for specific meet-ups and events.
  • You can create your own temporary chat rooms!
  • Our rules of Forum Decorum apply. We have updated those rules to cover chat room use.

Enjoy! We look forward to chatting with you!

- the Mod Team
First thanks to to everyone who work on adding the chat rooms.

Second I have a question, Will the book Klub Chat room where the the books klubs will meet every week or will there be sub threads in the book corner.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
jah said:
First thanks to to everyone who work on adding the chat rooms.

Second I have a question, Will the book Klub Chat room where the the books klubs will meet every week or will there be sub threads in the book corner.
I think the tentative plan is to have both... 8)

And Harvey - thanks again! This is totally awesome!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.