Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you like the Indiana Jones movies and don't mind a little fantasy mixed in try Alex Archer's Annja series. Its about a archaeologist who makes ends meet by being on one of those 'monster hunter' shows. She ends up with Joan of Arc's sword and finds she is one of a many line of women who protected the world from evils over the years. This is the first book in the series:

Product Description

An ancient order tied to the Vatican...
A blood fortune buried in the caves of France...
A conspiracy of power, greed and darkest evil...

Archaeologist and explorer Annja Creed's fascination with the myths and mysteries of the past leads her to a crypt in the caves of France, where the terrifying legend of the Beast of Gevaudan hints at the unimaginable. What she discovers is shattering: an artifact that will seal her destiny; a brotherhood of monks willing to murder to protect their secret; and a powerful black-market occultist desperate to put his own claim to centuries-old blood money. Annja embarks on a high-tension race across Europe and history itself, intent on linking the unholy treachery of the ages with the staggering revelations of the present. But she must survive the shadow figures determined to silence her threat to their existence.

Its a deal at less then 5 bucks a book and its up to 13 books now.

The only thing that bothers me is "Alex archer" is obviously a pen name. I mean how phony a name is that? I have a feeling a well know author (or authors) write this series. I wish I knew who..

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'll check out the first book and see if it's a series for me.  

The link sends me to an unable to open page. Is anyone else have trouble with it? I just checked is it down for everyone or just me and it says amazon site is down. So i'll try again later.

Theresam

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Try it again; I couldn't even see the link at first, I opened it and resaved it....seems to work now.

Betsy
Thanks Betsy.
I used the link maker so I'm not sure what went wrong. :-[

The series reminds me ALOT of Indiana Jones. They can have sword fights, car chases, and gun battles. Once in awhile there might be a supernatural aspect of the plot (well besides Joan of Arc's sword) but most are about some kind of archaeological find. I actually learned some things about ancient cultures from the books.

My husband got me the 4 most recent DTB versions of the series so I am almost caught up. IMO this series would make a great TV series!

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
chobitz said:
Thanks Betsy.
I used the link maker so I'm not sure what went wrong. :-[

The series reminds me ALOT of Indiana Jones. They can have sword fights, car chases, and gun battles. Once in awhile there might be a supernatural aspect of the plot (well besides Joan of Arc's sword) but most are about some kind of archaeological find. I actually learned some things about ancient cultures from the books.

My husband got me the 4 most recent DTB versions of the series so I am almost caught up. IMO this series would make a great TV series!
I don't think there was anything wrong with your link, and apparently others could see it, I couldn't even see it. Sometimes links don't show, if I try to modify and resave, they seem to work for me.

And I can get onto Amazon fine, even books and links I've never tried before, so I'm sure it's not the caching...Trust me, I just clicked on thsi book, and it's definitely not one I would have ever clicked on before!

Maybe it's a mirroring thing and my mirror is working...

Betsy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I can get back onto Amazon now. I did check by doing a seperate tab that would not go to amazon or through our link above. But it could have just been a router down that I would use to get to amazon from the area I live in.  anyhoo getting the first book and going to give it a try!

theresam

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
bkworm8it said:
I can get back onto Amazon now. I did check by doing a seperate tab that would not go to amazon or through our link above. But it could have just been a router down that I would use to get to amazon from the area I live in. anyhoo getting the first book and going to give it a try!

theresam
I tried a couple of different ways to get on Amazon. I also have a link to Amazon under my favorites. I finally searched under google for Amazon and got on. I saved it again to my favorites. My link is working now. I sent a sample of the first book I will try it and see how I like it. ;D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I was excited to find this series when I first got Joy and downloaded the first three books and I've read all three. I did like the first one but by the third one I was tired of the same old formula and decided not to get the others. Consider them "candy" and if you want a light read then these are great.  :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep they are far from literature aren't they? But a girl has to have her candy once in awhile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts