Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been reading a lot of blogs and thinking a lot too... I'm in the almost final stages of getting my first stand alone novel, The Devils Weekend, together, ready to go.

Not sure if anyone's done this or not, but is it worth the time and effort to have a group or forum for your book(s)?

I was thinking maybe on Goodreads, starting a group called "The Devil's Weekend" group... post about the characters, plots, etc.  Give free previews of the novel... and even maybe offer to members a few free stories that happened in the past - think of it as a way to get to know the characters for the novel.

I was thinking of offernig times where I'm available to talk about the book, etc. - take questions or whatever (something like this would be done after the book's release...)

So, anyone with any sort of experience with these?  If so, is it worth it... and which is better - a forum or something like Goodreads?

Thanks in advance for any advice!  8)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RM Prioleau said:
Have you tried starting a Facebook group/page for your debut novel?
Yeah, I've thought about that too... not sure which is best, etc...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RM Prioleau said:
Well, being that millions of people use Facebook, you would have a greater chance for exposure. Goodreads is also ideal to use in conjunction with Facebook. I wouldn't just limit myself to one website if you're trying to promote your debut book.
Thanks for advice. Makes sense... I'll probably set up a Goodreads group and then have a page on FB... not sure if I can link them together or not, but I'll look into it. :)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
jimbronyaur said:
Thanks for advice. Makes sense... I'll probably set up a Goodreads group and then have a page on FB... not sure if I can link them together or not, but I'll look into it. :)
Yes, you can. There's a Facebook App for Goodreads and vice versa. You can also link Twitter on Goodreads, also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.